Memorial day cache

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
The best sales on charcoal here always happen on Memorial Day. I usually buy around 300 lbs of Kingsford, enough to last me for a year. So I was watching the newspaper and the prices weren't too good. The best price this year was Home Depot at $15.97 for 40 lbs (2-20 lbs bags). This morning I went to buy the briquets and this is what I saw. The price went down $6/20 lbs. These prices are probably high for you guys living down in America but it was a score me. I'm set for the next year.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Seems like a good deal to me, I think I heard here in Ohio they were offering buy one get one free. I was hoping for some Royal Oak buy one get one, no luck yet.

Same price here brother Griff.
Going back tomorrow to top off my stash.
Hey just a thought. If they have any broken bags ask what they want for those. I bought 5 broken bags for $3.00 a piece. 8)
BTW.....I thought you lived in America too??? :shock:

Puff said:
Same price here brother Griff.
Going back tomorrow to top off my stash.
Hey just a thought. If they have any broken bags ask what they want for those. I bought 5 broken bags for $3.00 a piece. 8)
BTW.....I thought you lived in America too??? :shock:
But he can see Russia :LOL:

Funny Nick. I pick the broken bags of stubbs and the mgr at Lowes gives em to me for Less.
The HD has 2 20lb bags of K for about $9. They do it every Memoral weekend here in So Cal.

I scored 2 of those from HD yesterday. I told the guy if I had enough $$$$ i would have bought the whole pallet. $20 bucks for 4 bags....Deals deals deals.

Back
Top Bottom