McCain pics Alaska's Governor For VP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:) Now that's a woman!..When i first seen her come up to the podium i forgot who was running for president.

Like him or not ole McCain sure can pick good looking women. Heard his wife was at Sturgis having a good time. GO ahead on McCain you the man.

Well, McCain picking Sarah is definately going to make the election more interesting. She definately has not been a "politics as usual" style of govenor. Nor is she one of "the good ole boys'.

Kloset BBQR said:
I disagree she has more experience than Obama. She has executive level experience running a complex state whereas Obama has been running for President since he was elected Senator with no executive experience.

18 million Hillary voters are going to love this pick!

That's less than 2 years of executive level experience. Not quite sure I'd say that she has an abundance of experience to draw from here. Not saying that she couldn't do the job. But it does appear quite evident why McCain has picked her. Don't get me wrong. I am neither a registered democrat or republican. I'm not personally endorsing either candidate.

palin-miss-alaska-b.jpg

or
michelle_obama_scary.jpg

I haven't made up my mind on this election either. I can tell you some things about our governor. She is a 44 year old mother of five with her last baby born with Down's syndrome in April of this year. Her husband is a commercial fisherman and oil field worker, and they are not wealthy people. She's for gun rights. Last year she got the state's share of the oil royalty nearly tripled. Now the state has some extra bucks and the legislature just passed her bill to rebate $1,200 extra to every resident, including children.

Griff said:
I haven't made up my mind on this election either. I can tell you some things about our governor. She is a 44 year old mother of five with her last baby born with Down's syndrome in April of this year. Her husband is a commercial fisherman and oil field worker, and they are not wealthy people. She's for gun rights. Last year she got the state's share of the oil royalty nearly tripled. Now the state has some extra bucks and the legislature just passed her bill to rebate $1,200 extra to every resident, including children.

Any reservations about her? Lack of experience means nothing as the a-holes already in Washington have the experience and are a bunch of hot air douchebags that are only concerned about self-preservation and re-election funding.

Uncle Bubba said:
Any reservations about her?

Sure, she's still a politician. Until two years ago her only prior experience was that she was the mayor of a town of 8,000, and a hockey mom, but as governor she stood fast against the oil companies. Abe Lincoln was a total hick. Harry Truman was a haberdasher from a small town in Missouri. I'm not sure where good leaders come from.

Uncle Bubba said:
Griff said:

Any reservations about her? Lack of experience means nothing as the a-holes already in Washington have the experience and are a bunch of hot air douchebags that are only concerned about self-preservation and re-election funding.

AMEN to that!

You motor heads might be interested in this. Her husband has won the Iron Dog race four times. It's a snow machine race from Wasilla to Nome to Fairbanks. That is over 1,900 miles in the dead of the Alaska winter, across a couple of mountain ranges, and, of course, no roads.
http://www.irondog.org/

Are you guys ready for this woman to be your president? McCain is old and has had skin cancer 4 or 5 times... He could easily die before his term is up.
I hope some one explained what a VP does... she asks that question on this clip.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pak-rH0dCeA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pak-rH0dCeA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BTW: she supported the "Bridge to Nowhere", before she didn't support it.

This is funny.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9qUVQDmLf7s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9qUVQDmLf7s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom