Maverick Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Have any of you experienced a problem with your maverick like this? Sitting on a table there is a 15* difference in the smoker probe and the meat probe. When I stick the meat the temp jumps up by leaps and bounds. AND thats in cold meat. I know its the probe because I plugged it into my Taylor and got the same readings. I just got it about a month ago. Are these things under warrentee? Will they send me a new probe?

HELP!

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Have any of you experienced a problem with your maverick like this? Sitting on a table there is a 15* difference in the smoker probe and the meat probe. When I stick the meat the temp jumps up by leaps and bounds. AND thats in cold meat. I know its the probe because I plugged it into my Taylor and got the same readings. I just got it about a month ago. Are these things under warrentee? Will they send me a new probe?

HELP!

Bill we discussed this over the phone when the problem first occurred. I explained to you, yes it is covered under warranty and to e-mail Maverick and explain the problem to them and they would take care of it. No it's not normal, yes there is a problem with the Maverick. Contact MAVERICK! :roll:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":2mmbogby]Have any of you experienced a problem with your maverick like this? Sitting on a table there is a 15* difference in the smoker probe and the meat probe. When I stick the meat the temp jumps up by leaps and bounds. AND thats in cold meat. I know its the probe because I plugged it into my Taylor and got the same readings. I just got it about a month ago. Are these things under warrentee? Will they send me a new probe?

HELP!

Bill we discussed this over the phone when the problem first occurred. I explained to you, yes it is covered under warranty and to e-mail Maverick and explain the problem to them and they would take care of it. No it's not normal, yes there is a problem with the Maverick. Contact MAVERICK! :roll:[/quote:2mmbogby]

Well, that was a couple of weeks ago and you said that you had a letter that you were going to forward to me. I'll contact them directly.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3dpsjgdm][quote="Bill The Grill Guy":3dpsjgdm]Have any of you experienced a problem with your maverick like this? Sitting on a table there is a 15* difference in the smoker probe and the meat probe. When I stick the meat the temp jumps up by leaps and bounds. AND thats in cold meat. I know its the probe because I plugged it into my Taylor and got the same readings. I just got it about a month ago. Are these things under warrentee? Will they send me a new probe?

HELP!

Bill we discussed this over the phone when the problem first occurred. I explained to you, yes it is covered under warranty and to e-mail Maverick and explain the problem to them and they would take care of it. No it's not normal, yes there is a problem with the Maverick. Contact MAVERICK! :roll:[/quote:3dpsjgdm]

Well, that was a couple of weeks ago and you said that you had a letter that you were going to forward to me. I'll contact them directly.[/quote:3dpsjgdm]

Well I figured since our problems were different my letter wouldn't do you any good and you could just explain to them what was wrong. Here I'll write one for you.

To Whom It May Concern,
I purchased a Maverick ET-73 (place the number that's on the back of the Maverick here) on 23 May 2007. I have used it a couple of times and it worked fine. Now when sitting at room temperature there is a 10 degree difference between the meat probe and the smoker probe. Then when I insert the probe into the "cold" meat the temperature skyrockets well above 100 degrees. How can I get this fixed or receive a replacement unit? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Bill Small
105 Linney St
Gordonsville, VA 22942

Respectfully,
Bill Small

Hope this helps buddy! :D

Well, I wasn't pleased with the response by Maverick. They are going to replace my probe but act as if it was a problem.

Hi,

I will replace the probe under warranty in the future try wrapping the probe with foil to help prevent pinching or scorching. Future probes are $12.00 which includes shipping

Thank you,

Saprena

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Well, I wasn't pleased with the response by Maverick. They are going to replace my probe but act as if it was a problem.

Hi,

I will replace the probe under warranty in the future try wrapping the probe with foil to help prevent pinching or scorching. Future probes are $12.00 which includes shipping

Thank you,

Saprena

We're only seeing one side of the conversation.....Did you call them or e-mail them?? What exactly did you tell them? Maybe the way you described it, they realized it was operator error and not theirs but decided to give you the benefit of the doubt? I sent 1 e-mail and had a whole new receiver, transmitter, probes, batteries, instructions etc., I thought Maverick went above and beyond their Customer Service role. I have had three Mavericks, 2 of them for over 5 years and never had a single problem with either. The most recent one yes I had a problem and so have others, but I would still buy another one and I would recommend them and I would give kudos to their Customer Service, whether I benefited from Maverick sales or not.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":1bdak11u]Well, I wasn't pleased with the response by Maverick. They are going to replace my probe but act as if it was a problem.

Hi,

Thank you,

Saprena

We're only seeing one side of the conversation.....Did you call them or e-mail them?? What exactly did you tell them? Maybe the way you described it, they realized it was operator error and not theirs but decided to give you the benefit of the doubt? I sent 1 e-mail and had a whole new receiver, transmitter, probes, batteries, instructions etc., I thought Maverick went above and beyond their Customer Service role. I have had three Mavericks, 2 of them for over 5 years and never had a single problem with either. The most recent one yes I had a problem and so have others, but I would still buy another one and I would recommend them and I would give kudos to their Customer Service, whether I benefited from Maverick sales or not.[/quote:1bdak11u]

Here is my email to them.

Sir/Madam,

I purchased a Maverick 73 from one of your distributors at the end of April of this year. I used it twice and on the second use the "meat" probe started to fail. There is a 10-20* difference in between the smoker probe and the meat probe with both sitting on a table. When I probe the meat the temp jumped up to 120* and kept climbing and that probing COLD meat right out of a cooler of ice. If possible could you please send me a new meat probe?

Bill Small
105 Linney St
Gordonsville, VA 22942

Now I dont see where in that email could they have thought it was operator error. Nice Jab there Larry. I even went back and read the directions. Didnt see any where about wrapping the probe in foil.

Bill The Grill Guy said:

Hi,

Thank you,

Saprena

I don't see where you CAN'T be pleased with that response...... :scratch

They are sending you a new probe FREE...

and from the sound of it, they are replacing it even though they think it's due to operator error by either pinching or scorching it.

"We'll pay for your first learning mistake...you pay for the next"....That seems extremely good service to me!

Unless I have missed something?

Back
Top Bottom