MAVERICK ET-73...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Well, lets forgoe the bashing me for being an idiot...I cut the power supple to the Rx...but Smokein soldered it back for me...now that it is back together, it is not making any sounds...I don't have the directions anymore...does anyone know if there is an all quite thing?

Thanks in advance for the help and not making fun of me...BILL and Finney!! :) :)

Greg Rempe said:
Well, lets forgoe the bashing me for being an idiot...I cut the power supple to the Rx...but Smokein soldered it back for me...now that it is back together, it is not making any sounds...I don't have the directions anymore...does anyone know if there is an all quite thing?

Thanks in advance for the help and not making fun of me...BILL and Finney!! :) :)
If you don't tell us how you did it, I'm goin' all out on ya! :grin: :grin:

Greg Rempe said:

YOU'RE AN IDIOT! www.spellcheck.com

Any way...I was reading a thread on the TVWB site saying to take the antenna from the inside and run it out side the Rx for better reception distance...in the thread the guy said the "black" wire was the antenna. Well, not bothering to check for myself, I disconnected the "black" wire...it was the ground! :eek:

The green wire was the antenna, which this guy made no mention of...anyway, the power is back on, the distance is MUCH better but there is no sound!!

So, enough of the "I'm an idiot" comments, I know that, and how about a little help!! :)

Greg Rempe said:
Any way...I was reading a thread on the TVWB site saying to take the antenna from the inside and run it out side the Rx for better reception distance...in the thread the guy said the "black" wire was the antenna. Well, not bothering to check for myself, I disconnected the "black" wire...it was the ground! :eek:

The green wire was the antenna, which this guy made no mention of...anyway, the power is back on, the distance is MUCH better but there is no sound!!

So, enough of the "I'm an idiot" comments, I know that, and how about a little help!! :)

Oh come on, it's all in fun.............................

you're still an idiot! www.gurueyelethelp.com

The Joker said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":375yigfx]Well, lets forgoe the bashing me for being an idiot...I cut the power supple to the Rx...but Smokein soldered it back for me...now that it is back together, it is not making any sounds...I don't have the directions anymore...does anyone know if there is an all quite thing?

If you don't tell us how you did it, I'm goin' all out on ya! :grin: :grin:[/quote:375yigfx]

Didn't you pull a wire out of one of your devices recently? Some where with the picture of the briquets lined up like little indians waiting to burn.

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="The Joker":2hqgm4oq][quote="Greg Rempe":2hqgm4oq]Well, lets forgoe the bashing me for being an idiot...I cut the power supple to the Rx...but Smokein soldered it back for me...now that it is back together, it is not making any sounds...I don't have the directions anymore...does anyone know if there is an all quite thing?

If you don't tell us how you did it, I'm goin' all out on ya! :grin: :grin:[/quote:2hqgm4oq]

Didn't you pull a wire out of one of your devices recently? Some where with the picture of the briquets lined up like little indians waiting to burn.[/quote:2hqgm4oq]
Oh, you mean the broken wires under the shrink tubing. Nope, didn't pull them out or cut them ~ They just broke right where they always bend coming out from the fan housing. No strain relief!

The Joker said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":200lkwm7][quote="The Joker":200lkwm7][quote="Greg Rempe":200lkwm7]Well, lets forgoe the bashing me for being an idiot...I cut the power supple to the Rx...but Smokein soldered it back for me...now that it is back together, it is not making any sounds...I don't have the directions anymore...does anyone know if there is an all quite thing?

If you don't tell us how you did it, I'm goin' all out on ya! :grin: :grin:[/quote:200lkwm7]

Didn't you pull a wire out of one of your devices recently? Some where with the picture of the briquets lined up like little indians waiting to burn.[/quote:200lkwm7]

Oooooohhhhh! :)
Oh, you mean the broken wires under the shrink tubing. Nope, didn't pull them out or cut them ~ They just broke right where they always bend coming out from the fan housing. No strain relief![/quote:200lkwm7]

The Joker said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3m1yvi38]
Oooooohhhhh! :)
I keep seeing that happen where the response is embedded in the quote ~ How does that happen?[/quote:3m1yvi38]

I think when I do the quote thingy, I don't always go to the end of the quote before I start typing. I told you my mind is slow and my fingers are fast!

Back
Top Bottom