Mamwiches!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Mamwiches..........what a great but simple dinner! I just whipped up a simple but great dinner for the family. Mamwiches, macaroni and cheese and corn in a bacon cheese sauce. Prep time, about 20 minutes and about as simple as you can get! Anyone else love Mamwiches as much as me? What's your favorite "quick" weeknight dinner???

What, no pics??? :eek: :eek:

That sounds gooood!! What kind of bread?

Last night....pork fried rice! Took a few leftover ribs from Sunday, cut the meat off the bone and cut it up. Made a pot of rice. Sauted an onion nd some broccoli. Scrambled a couple of eggs, quick fried the rice and added all the other ingredients and instant dinner. Took around 1/2 hour to make it all. The smoked ribs made all the difference. Tonight was even easier, nuked a couple of leftover stuffed artichocks and some spagetti. Dinner ready in 5 minutes.

Nick Prochilo said:
zilla said:
Yer slippin Larry, Here you are my Photo Hero and what? No Pictures? Oh hell! He Joker want to be my new Hero? :grin:
:ack: :ack: :ack: :ack: :ack:
Hell yeah! Don't mind Nick ~ He was an abused child!! #-o

The Joker said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":802ioc50]
zilla said:
Yer slippin Larry, Here you are my Photo Hero and what? No Pictures? Oh hell! He Joker want to be my new Hero? :grin:
:ack: :ack: :ack: :ack: :ack:
Hell yeah! Don't mind Nick ~ He was an abused child!! #-o[/quote:802ioc50]
And I still am!! #-o

wdroller said:
Larry, how about a little more information on the cheese sauce. I have a son in Fairfax who thinks mac and cheese is the ultimate side dish.

It was a frozen package of Birdseye corn in a bacon cheese sauce. I wouldn't recommend it though. But my little girl loved it! lol

well, how'd you make the manwiches? did you use the sauce from the store or make your own?

My wife used to hate those things, but me and my stepson would eat about 4 each!

Larry Wolfe said:
Mamwiches..........what a great but simple dinner! I just whipped up a simple but great dinner for the family. Mamwiches, macaroni and cheese and corn in a bacon cheese sauce. Prep time, about 20 minutes and about as simple as you can get! Anyone else love Mamwiches as much as me? What's your favorite "quick" weeknight dinner???
Are you calling them Mamwiches because calling them Manwiches would make you feel to much like Rempe? 8-[

Becky made an Italian feast for me and my brother last night. Home made sauce with meatballs and sausage that cooked all day, garlic bread, salad and home made biscotti and my bro brought a bottle of Da Vinci Chianti to have with the dinner! It was great!! :D

Captain Morgan said:
well, how'd you make the manwiches? did you use the sauce from the store or make your own?

My wife used to hate those things, but me and my stepson would eat about 4 each!

Out of the can Jim!

TexLaw said:
I'm a big fan of Manwich brand sloppy joe stuff right out of the can. Top it off with some grated cheddar, minced onion, maybe a little relish, and a few dashes of Tabasco (especially the chipotle). You really have something on your hands, then. Put some tater tots on the side, and it's tough to beat.

If you want to feel a little healthy, do it with ground turkey. I was suspicious about that until I tried it. That's about the only way we do it, now.

TL
Especially if you don't use a bun. #-o

I like the stuff from the can with cheap burger buns, You can't beat it for a quick easy meal, Remember folks, Yesterdays Manwitch or meat loaf is today's chili special in most truck stops. :eek: :grin:

Greg Rempe said:
Becky made an Italian feast for me and my brother last night. Home made sauce with meatballs and sausage that cooked all day, garlic bread, salad and home made biscotti and my bro brought a bottle of Da Vinci Chianti to have with the dinner! It was great!! :D

Spoke with your bro this morning and he confirmed that dinner was as good as Italian gets outside his own Mama's kitchen. By the by, did he tell you who recommended the vino?

Back
Top Bottom