Mac / Whopper Anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw similar information in a film called Food Inc. and believe it to be true. I avoid 'Beef Products' beef products at all cost. I remember people freaking out about ammonia in cigerattes, no wonder they hide this tid bit about ground beef. Now, when I can, I have ground beef ground up from steak and avoid fast food at all costs although I have eaten enough in the past to kill a guy. If you look at who is at the top of the USDA I bet you will see names that used to work for the multi-national companies who process this meat. Go figure. Seems like reality is imitating art ( like the remake of Manchurian Candidate).

I eat fast food about two to three times a year. I don't care what is in the burgers, as long as they taste good. I also never order any fries, just a burger or three, nothing else. Interesting article. If I'm going to pig slob slut whore down on that kind of swell, it goes in this order.

1 Wendy's triple with extra cheese and extra mayo. (ya can't think of driving and scarfing down that while driving)

2 Burger King Dbl whopper with extra cheese and sauce. (see number one on driving)

3 McDonald's I have to be hard up for this one, I order two Big Mac's and put the two together. Can't drive safe with that ether,

Fries are best at home using lard to fry them in. If you are going to eat crap that tastes good every now and then, go all the way.

Pigs

Your right Lew. I like my burger's bleeding rare, I would never do it with store bought ground beef! I see a nice piece of chuck roast and it's on for the grinder. I can only pull that deal when the wife is not home, otherwise I get the "your going to get sick and die" speech, over and over, and over while I try to enjoy. Freaked her out one time by cutting up two slices of raw bacon and cracked two eggs in a glass, add bacon and that was breakfast. Salt and pepper to taste of course.

I'm not a fan of FF joints, but sometimes ya just wanna have some. These places remind me of a song with lyrics "last night I came home at 2 with a 10 and at 10 I woke up with a 2..." Some times ya gotta go slum'n ;) :D

I also watched Food, Inc, Bryan. Full of half truths and.....oh I shouldn't get all worked up.

bknox said:
I saw similar information in a film called Food Inc. and believe it to be true. I avoid 'Beef Products' beef products at all cost. I remember people freaking out about ammonia in cigerattes, no wonder they hide this tid bit about ground beef. Now, when I can, I have ground beef ground up from steak and avoid fast food at all costs although I have eaten enough in the past to kill a guy. If you look at who is at the top of the USDA I bet you will see names that used to work for the multi-national companies who process this meat. Go figure. Seems like reality is imitating art ( like the remake of Manchurian Candidate).

There's a documentary out call "the future of food", that's all about monsanto putting farms out of business and trying to copyright plants. It's defiantly worth a watch. I personally think you could go crazy worrying about all the behind the scenes stuff that happens to our food.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom