Lump charcoal suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they are both good products for the money and should be easy to find ... but like anything better can be had and the price goes up and it's harder to find. I wasn't trying to bust your chops Jersey ... just looking for your meaning.

For example Nam-Char makes lump and briquettes from african hardwood. I haven't tried either yet but some folks were telling me the burn times are just out of this world with the briquettes in a WSM. I know where to get it locally but it's *cough* a little over a buck a pound.

Jersey BBQ said:
It's cool I know you were really asking what I meant.. I have never tried Royal Oak because I can't find it anywhere but online. I hate to pay shipping for it if I don't have to. All I have found around here is Cowboy Lump and the tongue and groove wood in it kind of wigs me out...

Speaking of cheap... I just bought 20 lb bags of Kingsfords at Lowes for $3.33. I got 60 lbs for $9.99. That ought to keep my kettle going for a while...

Anyway we have hijacked this thread a bit.. :) sorry.
Nice!! If I could get it at that price I'd be all over it. 50 cents a pound is a pretty good price for Kingsfor around here and I don't think it's the same (not as good) as what you folks get in US.

BTW: I know at least one of the members here HATES Kingsford so that was the other reason for looking for clarity.

Royal Oak is hard for you to find? Odd, I can find it in several large hardware chains here. Assumptions ..... my bad.

I don't think we hijacked the thread ... just flushing out the details answering the topic question. :!:

Back
Top Bottom