Lump Charcoal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kickassbbq

Senior Cook
I am SO excited. Here in MN, not many people BBQ like in other places. Lump has been limited to Cowboy at Menards. Stuff is really junk, almost ALL flooring scrap.
I just got back from China (walmart) and they got in a whole load of RO Lump. Was with the wifey in her Jeep so only bought 1 bag. Going back tomorrow in the pickem' up twuck and get the whole pallet!!!!!
Ah, smoke is a gonna be a rollin' in the morning with Spares in the Ol' girl.
Smoke On!!!! Life is good. Say goodbye Cowboy Crud.
ed

As soon as I can find a 30 gallon drum I'm going to make some! I get BGE lump in town but it is pricey. I found nearly an endless supply of oak scraps for $5.00 a burlap sack full. Should make a lot of lump cheap.
My project is based on: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/makinglump.htm
Already have the 55 gallon drum and bricks.

DATsBBQ

the walmart here only carries RO seasonaly and they finally got some in. glad to have something around here other than the bag of flooring that lowes sells.

brian j said:
[quote="Bryan S":2dnutef6]Sure you didn't mean Wicked Good lump charcoal. As far as i know RO is made from oak and hickory here in the states, while Wicked Good is made overseas. 8-[

nope. this is royal oak and it's made in brazil. check out this link. i've also seen royal oak made in paraguay.[/quote:2dnutef6]

He's right. :!:

yep...Havent found alot of choices up here yet. flooring scrap (cowboy) at lowes, charbroil at HD, BGE for 20 bucks a bag at the local patio shop or RO at wally world

Back
Top Bottom