LudiChris - Page 5 - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2005, 12:21 PM   #41

Jim: You must have misunderstood. Like I said (twice) in my post If your happy with your product by using gas or Kingsford fine. I have no problem with it.It's that I don't particularly like it.Again, That's just me.As far as Kingsford goes there is too many undesirable components.Clay, pot ash, tar, coal tar, borax, just to name a few.If your happy cooking with the stuff fine. It's just not for me. I personally like to cook with hardwood lump and wood. That's all I said.I have a few ribbons from "blind judging" contests. So what ? I try to put out a contestant product for my customers and I do it direct with lump and wood.I do not imply mine is better than yours.If your happy with doing things your way, By all means do them. It's just not for me.I don't know how to make this any more clear.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:25 PM   #42
Official BBQ Central Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudiChris
Jim: You must have misunderstood. Like I said (twice) in my post If your happy with your product by using gas or Kingsford fine. I have no problem with it.It's that I don't particularly like it.Again, That's just me.As far as Kingsford goes there is too many undesirable components.Clay, pot ash, tar, coal tar, borax, just to name a few.If your happy cooking with the stuff fine. It's just not for me. I personally like to cook with hardwood lump and wood. That's all I said.I have a few ribbons from "blind judging" contests. So what ? I try to put out a contestant product for my customers and I do it direct with lump and wood.I do not imply mine is better than yours.If your happy with doing things your way, By all means do them. It's just not for me.I don't know how to make this any more clear.
What in the hell is a contestant product? :lmao: That right there is why I say no to gas cookers! They suck, you can't get crispy skin and make you say funny things! :biggrin:

Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 12:34 PM   #43

I made a mistake. So kill me
Old 03-31-2005, 12:41 PM   #44

well Ludi, I don't think Minion or I ever said you don't make a fabulous product. In fact, all things being equal, all three of us would probably cook very much the same way.

I saw a post somewhere in which the president of Kingsford replied with a detailed letter stating what was in the briquettes and that they were all safe.

I've used lump and Kingsford, and Kingsford is fine with me. I've never had anyone complain about it. Was it Cowboy lump someone said they found a tin can in? What lump do you use?
Old 03-31-2005, 12:41 PM   #45

Quote:
I was kidding SweetiePie! Get ya a free sample of this, it's proven effective by 9 out of 10 Psychiatrists!
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 12:50 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wolfe
Quote:
I was kidding SweetiePie! Get ya a free sample of this, it's proven effective by 9 out of 10 Psychiatrists!
It seems to be working pretty good for you these last two weeks.
I know... I told you I was getting back to work. Just a small slip.

"Of all the imaginary friends I've had, I don't think there was one that I didn't end up having to kill."

in seach of Umami
Finney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 12:50 PM   #47

That's it! I'm done!! I'm not even gonna go into the reasons ~ You guys are smart enough to figure it out....Well, maybe NOT!

And Chris (Finney), any time you want to make the trip, you just let me know ~ I'll leave the light on for you!!
Old 03-31-2005, 12:52 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan
In fact, all things being equal, all three of us would probably cook very much the same way.
O'l forget it. Too easy. :badgrin:

"Of all the imaginary friends I've had, I don't think there was one that I didn't end up having to kill."

in seach of Umami
Finney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 12:56 PM   #49

Captin: I use Humphrey Check outhttp://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm
All the lump info you need. Cowboy has pieces of scrap lumber in it. Sad stuff indeed. And Larry, I knew you were kidding. GOT YA Just like the tabacco companys when Kinsford tells you there stuff is ok to use.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:58 PM   #50

Sorry, http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm