Lots Of Hot Coals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Just starting.

img_240672_0_3bb0cc754d8b5934171f368cff5e0876.jpg

Now its going.

img_240672_1_d51c432dc67ccb6bb4e9184de049484f.jpg

Good time had by all. Funny thing is, this is the small bon fire pit.

Yum yum. Bet that meat taste good getting cooked with coals from asphalt shingled roofs and painted stair wells. Whutcha been smoking Boy?:)

I swear one of the best old pals I ever had in the world was raised down in the old Cedar Breaks country around Beercanridge, TX close to Possum Kingdom lake (that whole place burned up in late spring but that is the way the Lord intended for that type of geography to operate. It burns up all the cedars and allows the native pasture grasses to return..some of which the seeds will not germinate unless they are heated by fire) who claimed to love steak grilled over cedar wood. Some of them grit eaters from the Piney Woods area East of Big D cook with pine wood in the offset mode. Seen it with my own eyes and smelled it. I have 300 witnesses at least.

Set a bonfire like that in TX and you could burn off the state right now. It is dryer that toast and the wind must be blowing 25. And just for the record I live NW of the piney woods. :D People make fun of the piney woods, but that sure is some pretty country.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Pine tar taters are great. Think it's a "Red Neck" sort of deal. We don't wrap them in foil if we have a good bed of pine wood coals. Just toss a bag of taters in and cover with coals. Scoop them out with a tater fork. (it's like a pitch fork but bigger with dull ends)
http://www.gardentoolcompany.com/produc ... Tools.html

$157 ... I'll pick'em out with my bare hands first.

bbquzz said:
Pine tar taters are great. Think it's a "Red Neck" sort of deal. We don't wrap them in foil if we have a good bed of pine wood coals. Just toss a bag of taters in and cover with coals. Scoop them out with a tater fork. (it's like a pitch fork but bigger with dull ends)
http://www.gardentoolcompany.com/produc ... Tools.html

$157 ... I'll pick'em out with my bare hands first.

Yea, I have a old fork from my grand folk. I see tater forks from time to time at garage sales. I'd never spend that cash on one of those! I just posted the link to show what they look like.

Yea, I have a old fork from my grand folk. I see tater forks from time to time at garage sales. I'd never spend that cash on one of those! I just posted the link to show what they look like.

Yea .... $157 is about $150 too much for me :LOL: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom