Lost a good friend last week....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
After a short batle with cancer, my dad passed away last week..My Dad was a good friend, a mentor and a well respected member of our community...He taught me respect, how to make really good spagetti sauce, how to be a good host and if you have leftovers after a meal, you cooked the right amount. My Dad loved to play lotto and go to 'Vegas. He died on 07-07-07 and time of death was declared at 0700 hours. Makes ya wonder... :LOL: . He had the opportunity last fall to do chemo and he tried it, but after the second treatment, decided the cure was worse than the sickness. He passed in comfort at home with his family under the care of Hospice.

I just like to add kuddos to the folks at Hospice. They treated our family like family. Every person we came in contact with from Hospice was awesome. Since my Dad passed, they've called several times to check on us and my Mom, and some have sent nice cards. They are top on my list for donations in the future !

My Dads favorite drink is a Godmother (2/3 Stolis Vodka with 1/3 amorreto) and his favorite place to be was down at camp. We spread his ashes down at camp last weekend (per his request) and buried the urn with some of his ashes at his favorite hunting stand along with his last drink that he had left in the 'fridge half full at camp...

Rest in peace Dad...

So Im back, I missed being here and have a few hundred posts to catch up on...

Lost my dad last year to cancer John. I am very sorry for your loss. I am in 100% agreement with you about Hospice.

Once again, very sorry.

John, I am so sorry. This is a hard time indeed and Hospice is a great organization. My best friend passed in 02 from cancer. They were there through the whole thing.

May he walk in peace with our Lord.

John, my deepest sympathy to you and your family on the death of your father. I lost my Mom 14 years ago to cancer, it is an insidious disease and one that affects the entire family not just the victim. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thanks for sharing those memories of your Dad with us John. People leave this earth at certain dates and times for a reason.

My father passed in '86 when I was 11 years old and I wish I had more memories with him. One thing he did instill was to respect and appreciate others. Cherish those times you spent together.

Hospice gave great care for my father as well as our church family. Tonight my family will offer up our "Our Father" to Mr. Pen, your dad.

Sorry to hear for your loss.

I got no words that will help.
I'm new here and you don't even know me but my heart goes out to you.

You told me some great stuff about yer Daddy and that is an awesome Tribute. You are in some ways how people remember you. Grand Man it sounds like to me

May GOD give your family comfort and peace
mike and michele hedrick in VA

Hey John..prayer wheel's is spinning furiously on this end that Jesus has taken your Dad in with open arms. Peace..grace..and good fortune for you and all them connected to Dad through love..blood..or marriage. Both my Mama and Daddy has passed. Don't care what the age or circumstance of either party..it rough. May the peace and joy of the Lord overtake your grief. Always remember the cure for a spirit of heaviness is to put on the garment of praise. Heaviness and praise can't coexist. You no doubt tried one..now try the other if you aint already.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Hey John..prayer wheel's is spinning furiously on this end that Jesus has taken your Dad in with open arms. Peace..grace..and good fortune for you and all them connected to Dad through love..blood..or marriage. Both my Mama and Daddy has passed. Don't care what the age or circumstance of either party..it rough. May the peace and joy of the Lord overtake your grief. Always remember the cure for a spirit of heaviness is to put on the garment of praise. Heaviness and praise can't coexist. You no doubt tried one..now try the other if you aint already.

bigwheel

This is why yer one of my heros bro. You got words that say heartfelt things.

peace

Thanks all for the thoughts and prayers..I can't express in words how comforting they are...

john pen said:
After a short batle with cancer, my dad passed away last week..My Dad was a good friend, a mentor and a well respected member of our community...He taught me respect, how to make really good spagetti sauce, how to be a good host and if you have leftovers after a meal, you cooked the right amount. My Dad loved to play lotto and go to 'Vegas. He died on 07-07-07 and time of death was declared at 0700 hours. Makes ya wonder... :LOL: . He had the opportunity last fall to do chemo and he tried it, but after the second treatment, decided the cure was worse than the sickness. He passed in comfort at home with his family under the care of Hospice.

I just like to add kuddos to the folks at Hospice. They treated our family like family. Every person we came in contact with from Hospice was awesome. Since my Dad passed, they've called several times to check on us and my Mom, and some have sent nice cards. They are top on my list for donations in the future !

My Dads favorite drink is a Godmother (2/3 Stolis Vodka with 1/3 amorreto) and his favorite place to be was down at camp. We spread his ashes down at camp last weekend (per his request) and buried the urn with some of his ashes at his favorite hunting stand along with his last drink that he had left in the 'fridge half full at camp...

Rest in peace Dad...

So Im back, I missed being here and have a few hundred posts to catch up on...

John you have my and my familys deepest sympahies at the loss our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom