local TrueValue flags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
For the third year in a row, my local TrueValue hardware store has put small flags on the lawn near the curb on every house in my neighborhood. I live eight blocks from the store but every house in my block, and lots of block all around, have a complimentary flag. Cool custom. I'll go to that small store and not a big box store everytime.

Happy Fourth all.

Griff

Reminds me of post 9/11 times when you couldn't swing a cat and not hit a flag..I miss that ... Mine flys proudly on the front of my house. Looking for materiels to put a flag pole in the front yard with a light on it...

No offence Brian, but hanging a flag should NOT be a tradition, just a way of life. Before 9-11 we all took our lives for granted. July 4th, people just need to realize how lucky we are. God Bless America.

Remember folks to look where they're made in. Local hardware store here are selling ones that are made in China! [-X

brian j said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3kt4zffw]No offence Brian, but hanging a flag should NOT be a tradition, just a way of life. Before 9-11 we all took our lives for granted. July 4th, people just need to realize how lucky we are. God Bless America.
uh??? :eek:

all i said is that the local hardware handing out flags was a nice tradition. how does give you the right question how patriatic i am?

admit it. it's all because i like to follow a bike race that takes place in france isn't it?[/quote:3kt4zffw]

popcorn.jpg

I think Larry thought you meant it was a nice tradition to put the flag out...not the reference to the hardware store...ooops!...French Sympathizer!! :eek: :grin:

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
Flag is out 24-7, 365, TILL THE DAY I DIE!
LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!

I'm hoping you have an all weather flag and that a light shines on it at night!
Lit up 24-7, 365 Nick, unlike Ratman I know how to treat my flag :grin:

Anybody that hangs their flag out once a year can go to hell!
(Or France)

Puff wrote:

Lit up 24-7, 365 Nick, unlike Ratman I know how to treat my flag

What the hell are you talking about? I made a comment to be aware of where the flags are made and you're making statements about me not knowing how to treat a flag? I'm interested in knowing how you came about your statement? I will give you the opportunity to explain yourself. But, let me draw you a picture so you can understand the comment. People buying american flags made in a foreign country is just not right. You're buying something to show your patrioism but yet that item is made in another country. Look before you buy and buy American.

I know how to treat a flag having done seven years in the navy and being affiliated with other military organizations for the past 18 years.

Seeing that you used a public forum to insult/bash me I shall return the favor so all can see my explanation.

I'll be perfectly blunt to you so you understand where I'm coming from. Remember, opinions are like a$$holes. Everyone has one some just stink more than others (like you).

Ratman said:
Puff wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? I made a comment to be aware of where the flags are made and you're making statements about me not knowing how to treat a flag? I'm interested in knowing how you came about your statement? I will give you the opportunity to explain yourself. But, let me draw you a picture so you can understand the comment. People buying american flags made in a foreign country is just not right. You're buying something to show your patrioism but yet that item is made in another country. Look before you buy and buy American.

I know how to treat a flag having done seven years in the navy and being affiliated with other military organizations for the past 18 years.

Seeing that you used a public forum to insult/bash me I shall return the favor so all can see my explanation.

I'll be perfectly blunt to you so you understand where I'm coming from. Remember, opinions are like a$$holes. Everyone has one some just stink more than others (like you).
Easy there Rat... Puff drinks... He probably looked at the wrong name on the wrong post. Sometimes he doesn't even read them before responding. :dunno:

Ratman said:
Puff wrote:

Now that you have made your'e opinion quite clear!
I've been in the drywall contracting buisness for the last 16 yrs. in "this" country! Within the last 3 yrs. my trade has been invaded by illegal aliens that have destroyed my way of life! I only buy American made materials for every job I do!
So please don't tell me where the f-ing flag is coming from that I bought.........I already know!
As far as bashing you, take it as you see fit, you are acting like I set out to do this on purpose on a public forum, you are wrong!
I am trying to support and feed my family!
If thats not good enough for you........go to hell!!!!!

Finney said:
Ratman said:
Puff wrote:

Easy there Rat... Puff drinks... He probably looked at the wrong name on the wrong post. Sometimes he doesn't even read them before responding. :dunno:

I have to agree, Puff just told me he couldn't read! And even mispelled his name as Puss. He's a good guy regardless, he misread the post.

19 posts on displaying "Ole Glory" and 2 fights ~ That's ridiculous! #-o We live in the greatest nation on this earth ~ Display our flag with pride. Don't fight over it!!!

The Joker said:
19 posts on displaying "Ole Glory" and 2 fights ~ That's ridiculous! #-o We live in the greatest nation on this earth ~ Display our flag with pride. Don't fight over it!!!

I only counted 1.

Back
Top Bottom