local TrueValue flags - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2006, 05:18 PM   #1

local TrueValue flags

For the third year in a row, my local TrueValue hardware store has put small flags on the lawn near the curb on every house in my neighborhood. I live eight blocks from the store but every house in my block, and lots of block all around, have a complimentary flag. Cool custom. I'll go to that small store and not a big box store everytime.

Happy Fourth all.

Griff

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm."
George Orwell
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:20 PM   #2
Official BBQ Central Mark

Amen Griff!!!! That's what Independance is all about!! God bless America!!!

Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #3

Reminds me of post 9/11 times when you couldn't swing a cat and not hit a flag..I miss that ... Mine flys proudly on the front of my house. Looking for materiels to put a flag pole in the front yard with a light on it...

john pen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:57 PM   #4

No offence Brian, but hanging a flag should NOT be a tradition, just a way of life. Before 9-11 we all took our lives for granted. July 4th, people just need to realize how lucky we are. God Bless America.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:26 PM   #5

Flag is out 24-7, 365, TILL THE DAY I DIE!
LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!
Old 07-02-2006, 09:14 AM   #6
Baby Back

Remember folks to look where they're made in. Local hardware store here are selling ones that are made in China! [-X
Old 07-02-2006, 10:41 AM   #7

[quote=brian j]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Larry Wolfe":3kt4zffw
No offence Brian, but hanging a flag should NOT be a tradition, just a way of life. Before 9-11 we all took our lives for granted. July 4th, people just need to realize how lucky we are. God Bless America.
uh???

all i said is that the local hardware handing out flags was a nice tradition. how does give you the right question how patriatic i am?

admit it. it's all because i like to follow a bike race that takes place in france isn't it?[/quote:3kt4zffw]

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/3674/platezi0.png
Bill The Grill Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puff
LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!
I'm hoping you have an all weather flag and that a light shines on it at night!
Old 07-02-2006, 01:40 PM   #9
Web Celeb

I think Larry thought you meant it was a nice tradition to put the flag out...not the reference to the hardware store...ooops!...French Sympathizer!!
Old 07-02-2006, 06:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prochilo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puff
LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!
I'm hoping you have an all weather flag and that a light shines on it at night!
Lit up 24-7, 365 Nick, unlike Ratman I know how to treat my flag

Anybody that hangs their flag out once a year can go to hell!
(Or France)
Old 07-02-2006, 08:15 PM   #11
Baby Back

Puff wrote:

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? I made a comment to be aware of where the flags are made and you're making statements about me not knowing how to treat a flag? I'm interested in knowing how you came about your statement? I will give you the opportunity to explain yourself. But, let me draw you a picture so you can understand the comment. People buying american flags made in a foreign country is just not right. You're buying something to show your patrioism but yet that item is made in another country. Look before you buy and buy American.

I know how to treat a flag having done seven years in the navy and being affiliated with other military organizations for the past 18 years.

Seeing that you used a public forum to insult/bash me I shall return the favor so all can see my explanation.

I'll be perfectly blunt to you so you understand where I'm coming from. Remember, opinions are like a$$holes. Everyone has one some just stink more than others (like you).
Old 07-02-2006, 08:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman
Puff wrote:

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? I made a comment to be aware of where the flags are made and you're making statements about me not knowing how to treat a flag? I'm interested in knowing how you came about your statement? I will give you the opportunity to explain yourself. But, let me draw you a picture so you can understand the comment. People buying american flags made in a foreign country is just not right. You're buying something to show your patrioism but yet that item is made in another country. Look before you buy and buy American.

I know how to treat a flag having done seven years in the navy and being affiliated with other military organizations for the past 18 years.

Seeing that you used a public forum to insult/bash me I shall return the favor so all can see my explanation.

I'll be perfectly blunt to you so you understand where I'm coming from. Remember, opinions are like a$$holes. Everyone has one some just stink more than others (like you).
Easy there Rat... Puff drinks... He probably looked at the wrong name on the wrong post. Sometimes he doesn't even read them before responding. :dunno:

"Of all the imaginary friends I've had, I don't think there was one that I didn't end up having to kill."

in seach of Umami
Finney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:28 PM   #13

yeah, looks like another mis-puff. I don't think anyone here is questioning
anyone else's patriotism.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #14

Quote:
Puff wrote:

Quote:

Now that you have made your'e opinion quite clear!
I've been in the drywall contracting buisness for the last 16 yrs. in "this" country! Within the last 3 yrs. my trade has been invaded by illegal aliens that have destroyed my way of life! I only buy American made materials for every job I do!
So please don't tell me where the f-ing flag is coming from that I bought.........I already know!
As far as bashing you, take it as you see fit, you are acting like I set out to do this on purpose on a public forum, you are wrong!
I am trying to support and feed my family!
If thats not good enough for you........go to hell!!!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan
yeah, looks like another mis-puff. I don't think anyone here is questioning
anyone else's patriotism.
I am. 8-[

"Of all the imaginary friends I've had, I don't think there was one that I didn't end up having to kill."

in seach of Umami
Finney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:31 PM   #16
Baby Back

I'm over it. Thanks for the words and weighing in on it.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finney
Quote:
Puff wrote:

Quote:

Easy there Rat... Puff drinks... He probably looked at the wrong name on the wrong post. Sometimes he doesn't even read them before responding. :dunno:
I have to agree, Puff just told me he couldn't read! And even mispelled his name as Puss. He's a good guy regardless, he misread the post.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:54 PM   #18

Okay...........
Old 07-02-2006, 11:08 PM   #19

19 posts on displaying "Ole Glory" and 2 fights ~ That's ridiculous! #-o We live in the greatest nation on this earth ~ Display our flag with pride. Don't fight over it!!!
Old 07-03-2006, 07:51 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker
19 posts on displaying "Ole Glory" and 2 fights ~ That's ridiculous! #-o We live in the greatest nation on this earth ~ Display our flag with pride. Don't fight over it!!!
I only counted 1.