Little help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm looking to purchase a meat grinder for home use. Been to Sausage Maker website and Cabelas. Anybody have any info that they would like to share, pros, cons. Thanks

Look in your local paper/shopper/swap sheet for a used restaurent grinder. I score a huge Osborne grinder that'll grind anything I can fit in the hole for 30 bucks...

Best deal on grinders is at the link below. Me and several other folks bought the big mama 299.00 1hp model and know a few more who bought the smaller capacity 89.00 moochines. Everybody been very happy with em. The big mama uses the same size plates as the #12 Hobart. The Hobart knives wont fit cuz the shaft is too big but you can have that machined down to fit if you want...course it comes with two knives so I dont know why anybody need more knives that that. Also snag yourself the upright stuffer for 79.00. KA mixers are good for making meringue for chocolate pie and should also make a good trotline weight if you like to fish.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/ ... 970_763591

bigwheel

Nick Prochilo said:
I'm looking to purchase a meat grinder for home use. Been to Sausage Maker website and Cabelas. Anybody have any info that they would like to share, pros, cons. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom