Lets talk Tattoo's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is great advise guys. Thanks. The other "red flag" this guy had was all the pre drawn stuff all over the walls. I have read that a good artist doesnt have his walls covered with stuff like that. And, his book of pictures was a shamble. Not kept up. I got BAD vibes from this guy. I was told about another guy not far from where I work. I plan on checking him out next week.

Bill,

How close are you to Baltimore? There are some really good artists up in that there city.

Tim

CarolinaQue said:
Bill,

How close are you to Baltimore? There are some really good artists up in that there city.

Tim

About 3 1/2 hours. I think I may have found a guy in Charlottesville. He comes highly recomended and does great work. He has recieved awards for his art work. I saw his gallery today. The shop is clean and very nice. He took a look at my design and said that other than changing the size of some of the lettering, he liked it.

bige1 said:
don't get a sleeve , i regret mine but to expensive to remove

Nope, did you see my design at the front of this post. It will be about the size of a CD like 5" x 5".

Nice looking trophie. Next time find someone better looking to hold it for the pictures. ;)

Choose wisely. You will have it forever. I kinda like the shield at the bottom of yer post next to the license plate.
I got one back in the 70's it was the Norton Motorcycle logo. I had the scroll outline done and coloring in the lettering that went from yellow to red. Both those colors have faded away over time.

I joke now, because the company is outta business, in England at least, and when kids see it they ask what it is. I tell them I got it because my arm wasn't big enough for Harley Davidson.
Not big enough for Spagthorpe either!

Tattoo

BTGG, just finished reading this thread, have been away for a while. These guys have contributed some very good and helpful advice. I have to many tats to number, my oldest being 31 years old, my newest being 1 month old. The sun and time have diminshed the look of some of them, but a little lotion makes them look good again for show. Don't have regrets about any of them except one, my first wifes name, but I had it covered up, so part of my advice would be, steer clear of names, they will haunt you. Sounds like you have done all your homework, good looking piece and it has meaning, always be sure the piece has meaning and let your artwork tell a story. My artist, which by the way is in Elijay,Ga., did several pieces similar to yours for firefighters after the 911 incident One of my next pieces will represent what I love to do, B-B-Q. I'm going to have a rack of baby backs put on my left rib cage, one rib over each of mine. OUCH, but no pain, no gain.
My advice, you go man. Warning though, they're like Lay's potato chips, you may not stop with one. Let us know how it goes.

I have three, my family crest on my calf of my right leg also on that leg even with the crest I have a dragon. on my left arm I have a trible sun

Buffarilo

Well, I met up with John who is one of the artists at Ben Around Tattoo. Real nice guy. We sat and talked for a while and he showed me his work area. VERY clean and everything is brand new in the package. He has an autoclave right there and no "Flash" crap on the walls. Eye Q and I will be going in and getting our art work done over Christmas break. The wife even said that will be my Christmas present from her. He gave me a very good price.

Well, that date is set. Nov 21 at 12pm. Eye Q is driving up on the 20th and we go together. YES, I will take the camera. ;)

BTGG - Good luck... make a video of it!! LoL

I'm still lookin and figurin out what I want...shouldnt be too much longer...maybe make it a xmas gift to ME... lol

Bowhnter2 said:
I don't have one and am not knocking it either way, just a comment I heard the other day....

Something like "Tattoo, a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling"

Thanks Bowhunter. I have been a firefighter for 15 years and a cop for 14 years. This has been a thought out thing for the past 5-6 years. Just wanted to pay my respect to my brothers who died in the twin towers and to let everyone know "I WILL NEVER FORGET".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom