leftover lunch..or why cant I lose weight...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
I need to get rid of the leftover food in the house soon.....

Attachments

• lunch.jpg
    lunch.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 288
Do what I did....take it to work. The co-workers love it and it gets it out of the house. :D However, it doesn't stop me from being fat :roll: That takes self control and I love food too much!!! :D Mmmm, fooood!

Took mine to work, as well. It's like they've never seen food before . . . . geez . . . .

Here's the roll recipe; i don't measure so these are approximates:

Dissolve 2 1/2 tsp yeast in 2 c. warm water-allow to ferment a bit

in large bowl ( I use my Kitchen Aide mixer) put 4 cups bread flour (or all purpose if you don't have bread flour) and 1 tbls salt, mix well. Slowly add the yeast and water until well blended. Mixture will be wet at this point. Add 1/2 c flour and mix well; continue to add flour as necessary until you have a dough that moves away from the side of the bowl. You can then use the dough hook of a mixer and knead for at least 5 mins until smooth OR do it the old fashioned way and knead by hand until smooth and only slightly sticky.

Move to a oiled bowl and let rise until doubled; about 1 hr. punch down and form into a roll-cut pieces to form individual rolls. Place on a greased pan side by side (I did 4 across and 3 down) and allow to rise again. Bake at 400 until browned ( about 20 mins) or so depending on the oven. You can brush with butter or serve as is.

Sorry this is so late...I haven't had time to check my mail. Hope it isn't too late!

lola1133 said:
Here's the roll recipe; i don't measure so these are approximates:

Dissolve 2 1/2 tsp yeast in 2 c. warm water-allow to ferment a bit

in large bowl ( I use my Kitchen Aide mixer) put 4 cups bread flour (or all purpose if you don't have bread flour) and 1 tbls salt, mix well. Slowly add the yeast and water until well blended. Mixture will be wet at this point. Add 1/2 c flour and mix well; continue to add flour as necessary until you have a dough that moves away from the side of the bowl. You can then use the dough hook of a mixer and knead for at least 5 mins until smooth OR do it the old fashioned way and knead by hand until smooth and only slightly sticky.

Move to a oiled bowl and let rise until doubled; about 1 hr. punch down and form into a roll-cut pieces to form individual rolls. Place on a greased pan side by side (I did 4 across and 3 down) and allow to rise again. Bake at 400 until browned ( about 20 mins) or so depending on the oven. You can brush with butter or serve as is.

Sorry this is so late...I haven't had time to check my mail. Hope it isn't too late!

No, it's never to late around here! Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom