Laminate Flooring Install

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No expert but I did install laminate in our kitchen and recently helped with my sister-in-law's living room.

Couple of suggestions:
Make sure you lay out the flooring in advance so that you don't end up with an extremelly narrow piece on one side of the room or too short of a piece at one end of the room.

Cut you door facings so the flooring slides under them.

Thanks for the tip. I have all the saws ready. I didn't really want to pull up the baseboards but decided that it would be the best thing to do.

I have "Pergo" in the kitchen and a cheaper stuff (no name) in the livingroom. The Pergo was much easier to instal...the cheaper stuff was actually a pain in the %#@*!

BUT....

The cheap stuff is holding up better then the Pergo that costs a little more then 4x's the amount.

Also....word to the wise.........if it EVER gets wet......dry it IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!! water ruins the flooring. Again...the Pergo is worse then the cheap stuff.

If you haven't already, keep the baseboard in place and install shoe mldg when finished, better finish and looks a lot better. Use the proper underlayment, take your time and you'll have a nice floor, really is fool proof! 8)

I have done lots of flooring and Bubba is right. Dont put it in too tight, it has to have room to expand.

Is it too late to think about ceramic tile? tile kicks arse!! and it loooook so perty... :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom