L.P. Q BBQ Championship - $75,000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Southern Prides, in particular, are gas fired, that have wood chambers in them, whether it be a smaller model that has a chip chute to produce smoke, or the larger models that have large chutes for logs to be placed in, both of which are heated/lit/fired by the gas, that is tied directly to the thermostat.. temps stay within a prescribed temp, no gas, only heat from the wood source , and the ambient temp of the "box"... the gas only fires when the temp drops below the setting on the thermometer...

oompappy said:
Finney said:
I love the fact that the pit has to have "thermostat control capability".

I'm surprised they don't require a timer too :LOL:

some of them do, and the smoker automatically resets the temps from whatever it is set to , to cook, , and resets the thermometer to 140*, a holding temperature..

Bobberqer said:
Southern Prides, in particular, are gas fired, that have wood chambers in them, whether it be a smaller model that has a chip chute to produce smoke, or the larger models that have large chutes for logs to be placed in, both of which are heated/lit/fired by the gas, that is tied directly to the thermostat.. temps stay within a prescribed temp, no gas, only heat from the wood source , and the ambient temp of the "box"... the gas only fires when the temp drops below the setting on the thermometer...

Would that qualify for this category then? It's supposed to be only gas for heat.

ya know Fin.. I'm not sure ... If those rigs are allowed, I'd only assume that they can use them to full capcity, with chips chutes, and logs chambers, but I'm nowhere even sure of that.. I mean, how can they NOT allow smoke..makes ya wonder.. though..I'd guess yes, with few reservations... of course they would... lol I aint asking over on the udder forum.. they come at ya gunzablazin lol :shock:

Back
Top Bottom