Klose Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
Talked to Monty at Klose's place on Wednesday and he told me they have started on my pit. I actually changed my order since my initial post. I went bigger. I bought the Klose Ultimate which is 30"x8' main, 3/8" thickness, 30"x30" upright with shelves, 24"x48" slideout charcoal grill, 160K BTU burner on the nose, pullout shelving all around, tuned, insulated box, gas assist, tandem axle, elec. brakes, extended log rack, stainless table. Tip to tip is around 19-20'. That pretty much is my Christmas this year. I won't pick it up until April. There will be a pit christening party sometime in May or early June. I can't wait.

And at oinktoberfest...(does that mean we won't have to listen to Woodman pissing and moaning all night about staying up and tending the pit ;) :D )

We are switching off from cook-off to cook-off I believe. Sounds like a whale of a pit for a whale of a guy!

You lucky dawg you...congrats!! Waiting till April is gonna be worse than a 5 year old trying to figger out in the summer how long it gonna be till Christmas. Actually..the anticipation if the best part of the whole deal. Give you many nice dreams of how you gonna put that puppy through it's paces. Try to remember the dreams. You can get a lot of good inspiration like that. Numerous good idears has come to folks through dreams ya know?

bigwheel

Greg Rempe said:
That sounds like a great pit you have coming Kevin Lewiston!! :shock: :shock: [smilie=banana.gif] :damnfunny

Yeah...lol. I said something about that to him after listening to the podcast. He passed it off as just having waken up from a nap...lol.

wittdog said:
And at oinktoberfest...(does that mean we won't have to listen to Woodman pissing and moaning all night about staying up and tending the pit ;) :D )

No.. He'll remain on fire duty. Simple tasks for simple minds. ;)

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Hoky smokes !!!! What are you going to use to tow that baby Bubba.

I am going to start looking for an '00-'02 Ford F-250 diesel crew cab. Should do the job and be a pretty decent price. They wear pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom