Kitchen Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
007bond-jb said:
[quote="Toby keil":2fmaqv8v][quote="007bond-jb":2fmaqv8v]Yeah The best advice I can give is move to an apartment while the work is going on :shock: I was without a kitchen for over a month & the project was well planed out.

Remodling sucks :evil:

Unfortunately I don't have the cash to rent anything so I'm sure we will be grilling a ton outside and using the kitchen in the motorhome. Everyone I talked with said a kitchen remodel is a pain in the butt. JB, what kind if any issues came up while you were in the middle of the remodel?[/quote:2fmaqv8v]

I had planed well as possible, made a bunch of meals & froze em, reheating with a toaster oven nuke o wave & hot plate. Used the grill too.
The bigest pain is NO DAMM SINK for the utinsles pots ect, Yeah you can use paper plates & plastic forks but you gotta clean the pots & pans in the bathroom LAVATORY :shock: That sucked. Then the mess from the construction sawdust sheetrock dust paint fumes ect.... NEVER AGAIN for me. The wife agrees too![/quote:2fmaqv8v]

Sounds like we're in for a grand old time. Guess I'll be buying a hot plate & toaster oven. Good point on the dishes, didn't even think about that aspect of it. I wish we did all this before we moved in. Oh well and thanks for the info JB :)

I've seen quite a few kitchen remods that have left the kitchen sink after the initial tearout. It's left till the very last minute it can be left. Sometimes with a chunck of counter still attached and supported by milk crates or what have you. Not the prettiest but serves the purpose. Better than doing dishes in the bathtub.

Unity said:
(Plus you've got charcoal-fired, perhaps also gas, cooking appliances. ;) )

eusa_think.gif
tlab50.gif
065.gif

icon_rotflol.gif
icon_rotflol.gif
icon_rotflol.gif
icon_rotflol.gif

Back
Top Bottom