Kirk vs. Dr. BBQ Off Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read from the beginning and see who jumped on Paul Kirk on this forum,
the same guy who jumped on him from the other forum,but it's all ok because he knows him.That's my last word on this subject.

BBQmmm
My comments are about Paul's class not Paul personaly.
I work with Paul on the KCBS board and I have and will again teach a cooking class with DrBBQ.
When someone that has spent time cooking asks my opinion of cooking classes I will give it based on what I know. Paul could include more material in his class if he wishes, that is up to him.
Paul has a great talent for putting recipes together no one can take that away from him. His record is what it is. If stating the facts makes it an attack then so be it.

Someone who knows none of the players, has spent no time with any of them makes your point of view a joke, not letting us know who you are makes you a coward.
Jim

Hold up guys... I'm out of pop corn and it's past my bed time can yall continue this fine oration tomorrow so I don't miss anything good. :grin:

Yall are over the top.... Get some sleep.

Zilla

This whole thread is starting to get out of hand. I don't know Kirk personally but I have talked to him about hosting a class in the Cleveland area. He was a great guy and I do believe his record speaks for itself with 7 world championships. I also met Ray Lampe this year at Memphis In May and liked him too. I don't have any animosity against the Dr. Again my only gripe was when I tried to see if there was any interest in a Cleveland area contest I received some unsolicited emails demanding to know why I wouldn't consider Dr. BBQ. I didn't consider him because at the time I never heard of him (remember I was a newbie). Now in the last couple of years the Dr. has gotton quite a bit of publicity and everyone knows him. All I can say is thank God and mostly Greg that we have this board where most of us are beginning to intermediate Barbecuers who have a great desire to further our knowledge of Barbecue. I know that nobody here would ever get banned from this forum for trying to get a barbecue class together. And I also know that nobody ever gets attacked here for asking newbie BBQ questions or questions that may have been asked a year, a month, or even a week ago. That's what separates this board from the other forum.

Now I don't know Jim personally but again this guy has gone out of his way
to answer questions of newbies (me being one of them) and has an incredible amount of BBQ knowledge that I greatly respect. I do know BBQMMM. He is a great guy and has given me many BBQ tips and recipes
over the past couple of years. He is more than willing to share also. Just ask him. Hey we can all be volatile at times, me included but I think that mainly comes from our passion for Barbecue.

I dont know any of these guys but I got good news. I just saved a lot of money on my car insurance.

I feel like I know Jim, or at least owe him for all that has been taught to me for nothing, so I got his back, sort of.

BBQmmm said:
Larry Wolfe said:
You have every right to voice your opinion BBQMM and cook Q however you please and to like or dislike whomever you please. But it seems to me you're out to pick a fight anyway you can with whomever you can, however you can. I gotta ask, WHY? Why would you bash the likes of Paul Kirk, Ray Basso or Jim Minion??? You've never met any of them have you? You don't have the credentials they have, do you? Are you reknowned for the BBQ you make? Huh, are you? If you are, share with us please! I've never met any of them either, but you have to respect them for what they've done for BBQ. I'm not making a living making BBQ, are you?? THEY ARE! Until you are able to fill their shoes, shut up and quit whining! Be willing to accept that someone else out there knows more than you do, you may learn something!

Every chance they get to bash Paul Kirk they do.Mention the guys name and get barred for life-********!!!!!
I'm going to ignore your shutup and quit whining comment for now.
The day these clowns teach me something about BBQ is the day i quit making it.

Good, you've already taken up too much space bitching about people you don't know. You can PM me if you'd like to discuss further. Or you can heed my advice.

As a reminder, please remember the board rules about personal attacks.
As Larry said, individual arguments can be made in the Blue Room or
via personal messages this board provides. Open discussion is welcome,
but let's keep it civil.

The Joker said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":31pb6peo]well there's not much else to do around here. :-(
'Cept keep an eye on that HURRICANE!! :eek:[/quote:31pb6peo]

Who is Cept??? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="The Joker":3oklvmte][quote="Captain Morgan":3oklvmte]well there's not much else to do around here. :-(
'Cept keep an eye on that HURRICANE!! :eek:[/quote:3oklvmte]

Who is Cept??? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:[/quote:3oklvmte]
Your "Ex" ! ! :winkie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom