KCBS nepotism petition now online. - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2008, 07:21 AM   #1
Official BBQ Central Mark

KCBS nepotism petition now online.

This was posted by Jorge from another site. I thought it was interesting so I posted it over here for you folks to decide. (I signed it)

Quote:
After reading all of the discussion regarding a proposed change in eligibility requirements to run for the board, more than once, I decided to make a petition available online. My intent is not to ridicule or challenge any member of the board, but to give them a clear indication of how the membership feels regarding this issue. While this issue is emotional for many members, I would ask that if you choose to sign this petition that any comments you may choose to add are courteous at a minimum. Prior to the next meeting of the board, when this issue will be brought back up, I will make the petition available to any and all members of the board.

Beyond providing your name, you will be required to provide your KCBS membership number or CBJ number. It is my hope that this will add to the credibility of this petition. The site also requires a valid email address, but you have the option of keeping that information hidden from public view as well as mine.

I'd ask that those of you that visit other forums let others know about the petition. Thank you in advance for the help.

http://www.petitiononline.com/kcbs1/petition.html
Quote:
To: KCBS Board of Directors
We as members of KCBS oppose any change in rules, policies, or bylaws that would deprive us of our right to vote for any member in good standing to serve on the Board of KCBS.

KCBS has a rich history of members from the same household serving concurrently on the board in the past, we as members would like to see that tradition continued based on who we believe can best serve KCBS. The results of this past election should make the desires of the membership clear, having two members from the same family on the Board is not a problem to the membership, it is our wish.

We request that you show us, as members, respect and honor our wishes as expressed in this most recent election and preserve our right to determine who represents us in the future.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/3674/platezi0.png
Bill The Grill Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:51 AM   #2
Web Celeb

I'll ask Merl Whitebook about it on the radio show tomorrow...

Old 03-10-2008, 09:56 AM   #3
Smoker

Are you refering to THE KANSAS CITY BARBEQUE SOCIETY or the radio station?

Large Big Green Egg
Lodge Hibachi
Charbroil Gas Grill
BchrisL is offline   Reply With Quote