Justin Wilson's Brothers Dirty Rice with a twist & recipe.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I took Justin Wilson's brothers dirty rice recipe and changed it up by replacing the giblets with a small can of potted meat. I also added Louisiana Gold sauce & Kitchen Bouquet sauce... Here's some pics, recipe and a video... not in that order...

[vimeo:1owfy8eh]http://www.vimeo.com/9099103[/vimeo:1owfy8eh]

Code:
Dirty Rice

2 cups water	
2 lb lean ground beef
1small can of potted meat
1 cup yellow onion, dice.
1 cup diced shallots (green onions)	
½ cup diced bell peppers
¼ cup garlic (preferably ground)
¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
2 cups celery, finely chopped	
4 bay leaves
1 tsp. Black pepper	
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
½ lb margarine or butter	
Salt
2 cans cream of mushroom soup	 
2 lb lean ground pork
3 tsp. Kitchen Bouquet sauce
15 droplets of Louisiana Gold Sauce 

With about 2 cups of water, mix all meats together in a heavy pot, on a medium-hot burner. Add all the above seasoning ingredients except the cream of mushroom soup at the start of cooking. Cook on medium heat approximately 4 hours, stirring often. Add the cream of mushroom soup, and continue cooking for 30 minutes. Boil 2 pounds long-grain rice. Let rice cook completely. After rice has cooked, mix thoroughly with the meat ingredients. Allow to stream or cook on a low heat for approximately 30 minutes before serving.

SANY0061.JPG

SANY0063.JPG

SANY0064.JPG

SANY0066.JPG

SANY0069.JPG

SANY0071.JPG

SANY0073.JPG

SANY0075.JPG

SANY0079.JPG

SANY0081.JPG

Everybody knows Potted Meat and it's evil extruded kin which poses as Viener Sausages is made from unborn baby cows, chicken snouts and hawg ovary glands :shock: Now I aint neva heard anybody extolling the virtues of januine dirty rice in which somebody forget to add the chicken guts. Hard to believe Justeen's own brudder be spouting this heresy. Where is the rope and hawg knife

bigwheel

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Bubba-Q":2gxgr0v6]looks good, but WTF is "potted meat"?

nobody knows.

and I'm not sure we want to[/quote:2gxgr0v6]
But here's one theory, from the movie "Sling Blade":

Karl: [Eating potted meat] I reckon it tastes alright.
Frank: You really think it's got peckers in there?
Karl: You know better than that. You ought not say that word.
Frank: It smells funny.
Karl: Yeah, it's pretty loud. Looky there. I believe you right. I believe I see one right in there.
[They laugh]

:shock:

Well, I wanted liverwurst or however you spell it but couldn't find it... did you see the end of the video? No one barffed or had the shits so I reckon it was good.... LOL

surfinsapo said:
... did you see the end of the video? No one barffed or had the shits so I reckon it was good.... LOL

LMAO!!! Now thats just dog gone funny!!!

Bubba-Q said:
surfinsapo said:
... did you see the end of the video? No one barffed or had the shits so I reckon it was good.... LOL

LMAO!!! Now thats just dog gone funny!!!

Glad I could add some humor to your day Bubba... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I don't like to brag, but this dirty rice was awesome.. I am going to make it the same way again.....

Well Cappy think you may be barking up the right tree on this Potted Possum deal. It bound to have a mo wholesome ingredient list than real Potted Meat. Now how the flavor profile would match I aint shore. That Potted Meat sure is good along with a cracker and a big hunk o rat cheese and some raw garlic smothered in Frenchies Yeller Mustart. Yum yum. Now if a open can of the delightful stuff happen to accidently get close enough to taint my dirty rice I would just have to go ahead and eat it to see whut it taste like. Whuts else could a person do in that situation?

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom