Just in time for holiday leftovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
I picked this up at the store the other day. Haven't used it yet. Looks pretty simple. I figured it would be easier than pulling the Foodsaver out.
The directions say not to reuse the bags. Of course I will ignore that information.

Gave it a try on some hotdogs. Took about 5 seconds and it was sealed. Real easy to use. I think it's worth the $10. (Extra bags are $3.50 and I can't see not resusing them depending on what they had in them.)

Before

After

well all foodsaver vac type products make their money on getting you to buy the bags...kinda like printers being so cheap, and ink cartridges being so expensive.

Putting something that is already cooked like dem hot dogs? I'd wash and re-use that bag in a heartbeat. Waiting on a report on that too Puff.
If you don't, we'll assume it killed you.

It had all the suction of a Foodsaver Nick. I was surprised how well & quick it worked.
After a couple of hours seal hasn't budged, it's still holding good.
I threw the bag in the freezer and I'll check it tomorrow.

I took the bag out of the freezer and the seal was still holding.
It's thawed now and still sealed.
Pretty nice gadget for the $$.

Puff is the Christopher Kimball of BBQ Central. :LOL:

--John 8)
(That looks like a cool gadget. I can relate to "easier than pulling the Foodsaver out," but I'd still have to find a place to put it. :roll: )

You'd think I'd get paid for this review :roll:
John, I thought the same thing as far as storage. The sealer fit right in the "what-not" drawer and the bags are resting comfortably with their counterpart (if not outdated) Zip-Loc bags. :D

Back
Top Bottom