JT's Busted up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack W.

Sous Chef
Hey Gang,

For the SC comp crews, and caring friends.

Tim Handy, Pit Master at JT's BBQ had a motorcycle accident a few days ago. He busted up his leg pretty good. Bones broke, ankle dislocated and ligament damage. He's in surgery today for pin and plate placement.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Believe it or not he still plans to cook in Moncks Corner this weekend.

The man has now offically taken over my personal "Dude, You take this way to seriously" award.

Give 'em hell Tim,

Jack

Wow, what dedication! I hope the surgery goes well and he gets some good pain meds! Gonna be rough to cook with these injuries!

allie said:
Wow, what dedication! I hope the surgery goes well and he gets some good pain meds! Gonna be rough to cook with these injuries!
After consulting with Dr Jim Beam and Dr Jack Daniels he should be fine to attend ;)
Best wishes!

Just an observation from a guy whose wife busted her leg and had plate and srews surgery on July 10, if he had surgery today, he isn't competing in anything Saturday. But if he does, then he deserves the "Dude, You take this way to seriously" award. Best wishes JT.

Griff

Griff said:
Just an observation from a guy whose wife busted her leg and had plate and srews surgery on July 10, if he had surgery today, he isn't competing in anything Saturday. But if he does, then he deserves the "Dude, You take this way to seriously" award. Best wishes JT.

Griff

How's your wife doing Griff?

Nick Prochilo said:
How's your wife doing Griff?

Very well, Nick, thanks for asking. She's full weight bearing but still has to wear that "moon boot" air cast thing for another week. Still, one more "ten minute" surgery to remove a screw that goes through both lower leg bones and held them next to each other while the ligaments in the ankle healed.

Griff

Jack W. said:
Hey Gang,

For the SC comp crews, and caring friends.

Tim Handy, Pit Master at JT's BBQ had a motorcycle accident a few days ago. He busted up his leg pretty good. Bones broke, ankle dislocated and ligament damage. He's in surgery today for pin and plate placement.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Believe it or not he still plans to cook in Moncks Corner this weekend.

I am gonna have to say OUCH , I know what that type of surgery is like first hand and it aint pleasant. and to come to Moncks Corner on Saturday man thats double tough and shows dedication . Majot thoughts and prayers coming from both Niki and myself!!!

wow..his son, while quite young, can lead the team this weekend.
Tim is leading in the Team of the Year race, so his team will have
to pull hard this weekend to keep it up!

Good luck!

Captain Morgan said:
wow..his son, while quite young, can lead the team this weekend.
Tim is leading in the Team of the Year race, so his team will have
to pull hard this weekend to keep it up!

Good luck!

If anyone can do it, it'll be the Handys!

After we celebrated Mary's birthday at her favorite restarurant, we made the journey out to Moncks Corner. Mary is Marshalling the event today.

There he was in all his casted splendor. Tim Handy himself. The hog was cookin' and everybody was stopping by offering help. BBQ folks are the greatest.

So here it is brother:

Dude, you take this way to seriously!

I'll post the results in the comp section.

Jack

Jack W. said:
After we celebrated Mary's birthday at her favorite restarurant, we made the journey out to Moncks Corner. Mary is Marshalling the event today.

There he was in all his casted splendor. Tim Handy himself. The hog was cookin' and everybody was stopping by offering help. BBQ folks are the greatest.

So here it is brother:

Dude, you take this way to seriously!

I'll post the results in the comp section.

Jack

That is dedication my friend. Give them hell, JT!!

Jack W. said:

Jack

And by the way, Jack, you have my permission to give Mary a foot rub after she is done Marshalling. Having to work on her B-Day, she deserves at least a foot rub. Tell her happy B-day and send her some monkey love from me.

Well boosting all the hurt and ailing folks to the top of the prayer list as we speak. Seems like a lack of Jack Daniels was always the biggest hazard to my scooter riding. It hard to ride one of them thangs right when a person is sober.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom