Join Me? - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2007, 09:18 AM   #1
Official BBQ Central Mark

Join Me?

The family and I were planning on going HERE today for the Apple Festival, Beer and Brunswick Stew. So I get up early to get my Wrangler] charged up and loaded into the truck, since this event is all on grass. My wheelchair doesn't do good on gravel, grass or mud so using the Wrangler would make life much easier. Well I get the Wrangler out and notice the seat sitting funny, so I pull it off and notice the main weld is broke. PHUCK! If were to break with me on it, the seat and my fat ass would go flying off. So I am furious and disappointed, afterall going to the Apple Festival was my idea. So I tell my wife and kids to go without me and I'm expecting my wife to say no if you can't go we won't either OR just come on and we'll get through the day as best as we can. BUT NO, they get ready and just PHUCKING leave..................................without me!!

So they've been gone for about an hour and a half now and I've decided to take advantage of a beautiful 70* day. I'm on my 4th beer (have 9 left out of an opened case, plus a brand new 30 pack in the garage fridge), it's 10 a.m., all of the windows are open, Metallica is blasting and I'm gonna smoke 2 racks of spares today and drink myself into oblivion while they're enjoying the goddamn apples without me! My boy "Otis" will keep me company and we're gonna play fetch, drink beer and smoke ribs today! Burp

I know "Captain Morgan" will join me after he gets off work this morning...............anyone else wanna start the day off right with me??? Afterall....................."It's 5 o'clock somewhere"!

Bill TGG, put your welder in the truck and come fix my Wrangler, I'll feed and drink you all day!!! :P

Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:28 AM   #2
Saint O'Que

Well that sucks. Sorry about the broken weld... if it wasn't such a long drive from here, I'd much rather help you and Otis cook ribs and drink beer than what I'll probably be doing here today.

Old 10-13-2007, 09:32 AM   #3

Some people will do anything to get the wife and kids out of the house for a few hours.

Sorry your day is ruined Larry.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff H.
Some people will do anything to get the wife and kids out of the house for a few hours.

Sorry your day is ruined Larry.
The wife leaving doesn't bother me, but I was looking forward to spending the day with my 5 year old daughter!
Old 10-13-2007, 10:16 AM   #5

Snap POP!

I always listen to my Elders Sir.
Here's to ya, ya wheeling beer drinking buggar.

peace
Old 10-13-2007, 10:30 AM   #6

Sorry to hear about you day Larry....I'll have a few pops with you..I've got the smoker going again today..D wanted to cook..he was at school yesterday..and I've got some yard work to do...so the wobbly pops will be flowing....hopefully BTGG will get that welded for you

I get more sauced then my Ribs

My Bark is as good as my Bite!

Swine so fine it's Criminal

Never trust a skinny cook!!!!!!!!
wittdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:31 AM   #7
BBQ Centralite

Re: Join Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wolfe
The family and I were planning on going HERE today for the Apple Festival, Beer and Brunswick Stew. So I get up early to get my Wrangler] charged up and loaded into the truck, since this event is all on grass. My wheelchair doesn't do good on gravel, grass or mud so using the Wrangler would make life much easier. Well I get the Wrangler out and notice the seat sitting funny, so I pull it off and notice the main weld is broke. PHUCK! If were to break with me on it, the seat and my fat ass would go flying off. So I am furious and disappointed, afterall going to the Apple Festival was my idea. So I tell my wife and kids to go without me and I'm expecting my wife to say no if you can't go we won't either OR just come on and we'll get through the day as best as we can. BUT NO, they get ready and just PHUCKING leave..................................without me!!

So they've been gone for about an hour and a half now and I've decided to take advantage of a beautiful 70* day. I'm on my 4th beer (have 9 left out of an opened case, plus a brand new 30 pack in the garage fridge), it's 10 a.m., all of the windows are open, Metallica is blasting and I'm gonna smoke a couple of doobies and drink myself into oblivion while they're enjoying the goddamn apples without me! My boy "Otis" will keep me company and we're gonna play fetch, drink beer and smoke ribs today! Burp

I know "Captain Morgan" will join me after he gets off work this morning...............anyone else wanna start the day off right with me??? Afterall....................."It's 5 o'clock somewhere"!

Bill TGG, put your welder in the truck and come fix my Wrangler, I'll feed and drink you all day!!! :P
Fixed it for you, that should make it easier to bear.

"De gustibus non disputandum est,"
John A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:44 AM   #8

Re: Join Me?

[quote=John A.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Larry Wolfe":3dyqt0zz

So they've been gone for about an hour and a half now and I've decided to take advantage of a beautiful 70* day. I'm on my 4th beer (have 9 left out of an opened case, plus a brand new 30 pack in the garage fridge), it's 10 a.m., all of the windows are open, Metallica is blasting and I'm gonna smoke a couple of doobies and drink myself into oblivion while they're enjoying the goddamn apples without me! My boy "Otis" will keep me company and we're gonna play fetch, drink beer and smoke ribs today! Burp

If I got into that John, I would sleep the rest of the day!
Fixed it for you, that should make it easier to bear. [/quote:3dyqt0zz]
Old 10-13-2007, 11:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedrick
Snap POP!

I always listen to my Elders Sir.
Here's to ya, ya wheeling beer drinking buggar.

peace
Don't anyone help Mike, but Mike how old do you think I am???
Old 10-13-2007, 11:56 AM   #10
God O'Que

Can't you get one of those scooters? I'm serious. You can probably get it paid for.

"I'd rather be dead in my skin than be a fan of a Redskin."
Uncle Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote