JB's favorite Mexican recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I got a new "Discada" for frying and making Paella. I added about a cup of milk to the tripas to prevent shrinkage. I ate all of those that night.. Mexican food appetizers... Yum Yum Thanks JB!!!

dsc0098wi5.jpg

dsc0099pj6.jpg

dsc0102yf5.jpg

dsc0103lu3.jpg

dsc0105de0.jpg

dsc0107lk4.jpg

dsc0108cy2.jpg
:shock:

Here ya go. Tripas, also known as Machitos, in Mexican cuisine are small intestines of farm animals that have been cleaned, boiled and grilled. ...

Good stuff indeed! :D Great job sapo.

Captain Morgan said:
in the South, that'd be chittlins. Which I've never tried.
Chitterlings are from pigs. Tripas are from cattle...Beef.. Jb can the grease be used to make french fries taste like the original Mc donald kind? :D

Fried innerds?

I'd eat it.

Forget tripe though. I can't stay in the kitchen with that stuff cookin. I have tasted it though and while it wasn't even close to a favorite, it was edible.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Here ya go. Tripas, also known as Machitos, in Mexican cuisine are small intestines of farm animals that have been cleaned, boiled and grilled. ...

How in the hell does a guy from NY know that??? :roll: :LOL:

Actually I thought they were dog schlongs.

Rag said:
Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:

How in the hell does a guy from NY know that??? :roll: :LOL:

Actually I thought they were dog schlongs.
A guy from PA would know what dog scholongs look like.

bigwheel said:
I'm trying to figger out how you fry them in milk. Whuts up with that?
Thanks.

bigwheel
I don't fry them in milk. I add milk to the raw tripas at the beginning, then it evaporates and the fat is left for them to fry in.. Comprende?

Back
Top Bottom