It's Veterans Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're welcome guys! We don't always agree with each other and occassionally our conversations can get downright out of hand but at least we all live in a country where we can speak freely without fear of being dragged off in the dark of night.

That's a John Kerry line isn't it? :shock:

Thanks to all the Vets out there. I'm proud to be one of them!

I was walking through a large grocery store we have here called Meijer's yesterday and coming down the aisle in the opposite direction was a young Navy man in full dress uniform, shopping with his mother. I stopped and extended my hand and said, "Excuse me sailor, I just want to thank you for your service." He smiled and said, "Thank you sir."

He seemed a little surprised, but he had a huge smile on his face and so did his Mother. If you take a real good look at any servicemen or women you run into, it's striking, how really young they look. I've been doing this for some time now and I hope it makes them feel as good as it makes me feel.

Bruce B said:
I was walking through a large grocery store we have here called Meijer's yesterday and coming down the aisle in the opposite direction was a young Navy man in full dress uniform, shopping with his mother. I stopped and extended my hand and said, "Excuse me sailor, I just want to thank you for your service." He smiled and said, "Thank you sir."

He seemed a little surprised, but he had a huge smile on his face and so did his Mother. If you take a real good look at any servicemen or women you run into, it's striking, how really young they look. I've been doing this for some time now and I hope it makes them feel as good as it makes me feel.

Bruce, most of them are real young, in their 20's! When I visited my son earlier this year on base, I would have sworn most weren't even shaving yet!

My hat is off to each and every man and woman serving this fine country now or in the past. A heart felt thanks to all.

Griff

Thanks to everyone past and present who have dedicated themselves to preserving our freedoms.

Well I thought I had already posted a reply to this but I cant find it now. Anyway just wanted to say dittos a hundred percent on thanking our veterans. Thanks guys/gals.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom