it's that time of year for ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
.... fresh salmon. My law partner went to the mouth of the Kenai river yesterday for the personal use dip net fishery. Every resident head of household is entitled to dip net 50 salmon plus 5 for every additional member of the household. He went with 2 other guys and between them they got 90 red (sockeye) salmon in 3.5 hours. A dip net is like a landing net with a longer handle. You get out in the river in a boat and hold your net in the water until a fish swims into it. Anyway he asked me how many fish I wanted and I asked for a couple -- I'll go catch my own on a rod and reel later.

Here's my wife fileting one. Cliff, I know another pic of women cleaning fish in Alaska.

Four filets of WILD Alaskan red salmon caught less than 24 hours prior and on ice ever since. We ate one filet tonight and the other 3 are going to the potluck at Oinktoberfest.

These are going to turn into my favorite way to eat salmon -- Griff's fish nuggets.

Plated with a small piece of grilled salmon and Mom's wilted lettuce.

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":24qdsv5j]that's it, I'm moving to Alaska.

You wouldn't know how to get there! :LOL:

Great looking meal Griff![/quote:24qdsv5j]

Now thats funny :LOL:

Looks great Griff

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":221yodmo]that's it, I'm moving to Alaska.

Great looking meal Griff![/quote:221yodmo]

it's up there close to you, isn't it?

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":2g7yebol][quote="Captain Morgan":2g7yebol]that's it, I'm moving to Alaska.

Great looking meal Griff![/quote:2g7yebol]

it's up there close to you, isn't it?[/quote:2g7yebol]

Just around the bend! :LOL:

Damn Griff, Ive seen relly pink before but never red pink. That looks really tasty. Id love to try that even though Im not a huge salmon fan.

Back
Top Bottom