It's over.................

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
..........our firemens fair that is! We run a fair from Monday through Saturday as our only fund raiser every year. We sub out the rides but we do everything else ourselves. I'm in the kitchen every night begind the grill. (who da thunk?) I make a run or two each night with hotdogs, beer and soda to all the brothers working in the other booths. The last night the kitchen crew always makes special treats for ourselves in the kitchen. We actually started earlier this week, goofing around with hotdogs stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon, or split open and fried in butter along with the rolls, wrapped in zeppolie dough and deep fried, oh yeah we try everthing! Last night I made a couple of fatties and some ABT's at home and brought them down. Everytime I turned around, seems like somebody new popped into the kitchen for a little taste! I found a bag or three of pulled pork in the freezer also yesterday and decided to bring it down to see if we could sell it. (Looking for new things for next year) Well the tray of pulled pork was gone within 15 minutes of us putting up a sign for it. Guess next year we will be selling pulled pork sammies! But anyway, thank god the week is over, long and exhausting but a good time was had by all!

Sorry Joe, no pics. I head down every night after work and stayed until 12:00. Up for work at 5:30. The last thought on my mind was pictures!

Sounds like it would have been fun and very exhausting..if it had actually happend...but with out the pics :P
Sounds like a good time Nick...better start the PP now for next year :D

I remember the days Nick. Our volunteer department did one every year for the past UMPTEEN years until last year. They decided not to hold them any more. The wife and I spent a many anniversarys working the booths at the fair.

Back
Top Bottom