It's Official

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob In Fla.

Head Chef
OK, it's official.

After prepping and making sure that 2 Babies were physically and emotionally ready for adoption, and checking out information on the new home and family, with a tear in my eye, I let the two oldest Babies head to their new home. I hope that they will be happy and that they can recieve all of the love and care that they deserve.

Now, for the BETTER news.

I headed to downtown Orlando, to the doctor's office. Many questions, prods, pokes later, I headed home with my pre-surgical instructions. On Friday, February 3rd @ 3:30 PM, I will have surgery on my left rotator cuff so that it wil once again work like it should. It's been a long 5 months. I only hope that when I awaken that I can hear those two words that Terry heard..."Fixed Perfect". I am asking BBQ Central Nation for lots of good thoughts and prayers for my surgical team. A few for me probably wouldn't hurt either.

Thanks everybody, for being here for all of us.

BOB
going to call the shop later today if I can find the right number...also, need to start collecting a bunch of "sticks"

Bob Your in our prayers over here. Good luck, my gut tells me it'll all go well. I'd be nervious as heck though. Hang in there buddy!
Mike

Thank you everybody. Even though I have been wanting to hear this news for FOUR MONTHS! and since I had the right shoulder re-done 10-1/2 years ago, I thought I was ready. I guess not. I have butterflies, and have been in a daze ever since I got the news. I guess you're never completely ready when your fate is in someone else's hands.

Thanks again for the good vibes.

BOB

Sure apprehension is a common emotion when facing this type of deal. Have you tried Ezra Brooks? That is a good anxiety preventer..or so I heard:)

Thank you very much everybody.

They moved the time up from 3:30 to 2:30. I will be picked up from my house @ 11:40ish.

I can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight (that's 11 hrs and 40 minutes 'til I leave home :? :roll: ), so I am snacking constantly until then. My Dad will pick me up when they call, as I enter the recovery room.
It'll be a while.
Couple of days doing nothing but "enjoying" pain and pain killers. :? Then start back with physical therapy for a couple months. Hmmm?? Sounds like my recovery, back to driving and the completion date for a Stump's Monster might just be pretty close. ;) ;) ;)

Thanks again for the good thoughts, well wishes and prayers.

BOB

Hey it just dawned on me is if Bob would give up on the arm wrestling hobby he may not need new shoulder joints so often. I know a guy who tore it up purty good doing that with a manuel laborer type person. Just trying to cover all the bases here.

bigwheel said:
Hey it just dawned on me is if Bob would give up on the arm wrestling hobby he may not need new shoulder joints so often. I know a guy who tore it up purty good doing that with a manuel laborer type person. Just trying to cover all the bases here.
:LOL: :LOL:

The anesthegiologist found some irregularities in my EKG.

After I couldn't eat or drink anything since midnight Thursday/Friday morning, and they stuck a hole in me and drained more than 3/4 of an IV bag of solution into me, they sent me home to set up an appointment with a cardiologist to do a stress test. (I have had to pee 8 times)

So...back in limbo...hurry up and wait. :( :cry:

I DID thank the anesthegiologist for his alertness and concerns. ;)

Today, more Hurry up and wait for phone calls an more phone calls. Still waiting on that appointment. :( :roll:
Where's BigWheel's old buddy Ezra Brooks?

BOB

Bob In Fla. said:
they sent me home to set up an appointment with a cardiologist to do a stress test.

BOB

That how I started down a slippery slope in December. Two days after the stress test it was triple bypass. I hope you have better luck.

Griff said:
Bob In Fla. said:
they sent me home to set up an appointment with a cardiologist to do a stress test.

BOB

That how I started down a slippery slope in December. Two days after the stress test it was triple bypass. I hope you have better luck.
Thanks.

That's EXACTLY what is bothering me. No answers, no appointments, etc.
Actually since Friday afternoon, I have been on a MENTAL Stress Test continuously.

BOB

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom