Italian dinner for 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diva Q

Executive Chef
Well we have 2 couples coming for dinner tomorrow night.

Looking forward to it.

Doing the prep work today.

Stuffed manicotti (ricotta, eggs, parmesan and roasted mushrooms) with a fresh tomato and basil sauce

Caprese salad

Bruschetta

Stuffed shrimp wrapped in prosciutto (Saw this on license to grill had to try it)

Dessert (Can't tell you cause I am going to do it in Oink)

I loves Italians & they loves JBs :LOL: I got a ton 0 Italian recipes Diva. besides simple gattis with meatballs & pizza my favorite is Italian stuffed steak rolls (spiedini), I also got a recipe for meat stuffed manicotti, basil tortellini soup, Italian stuffed zuchini boats...& more

I don't have my laptop set on an email service (I'm Lazy) I will send photos of the recipe to your web site in the morning, (its kinda long & I type slooww) I have 2 recipes for it that i like to combine here is a link to 1 of the recipes (this is the better 1 too)

http://www.txbeef.org/recipe.php3?956677404

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Diva Q":1jv43h4b]Thank you JB!

Puff you and the family are always welcome to come to dinner.

Diaper bag and all! :shock:[/quote:1jv43h4b]

Puff usually wears his Depends when he goes out for the evening...they're more absorbent than regular cloth diapers.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3jo644t2][quote="Diva Q":3jo644t2]Thank you JB!

Puff you and the family are always welcome to come to dinner.

Diaper bag and all! :shock:[/quote:3jo644t2]

Puff usually wears his Depends when he goes out for the evening...they're more absorbent than regular cloth diapers.[/quote:3jo644t2]

I was thinking more about the one he carries his beer in! :shock: :LOL:

Dinner is at 8:30 we made it a later supper so we can actually have a conversation after the children go to bed.

Here is the basic recipe I made for the shrimp:

from License to grill Rob Rainford

Smoked Proscuitto Wrapped Cheesy Shrimp
Yield: 6
Ingredients:

* 12 6/8 shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 1/2 cup cream cheese (125ml)
* 1/2 cup goat cheese (125ml)
* 2 tbsp chives, chopped (30ml)
* 2 tbsp roasted garlic (30ml)
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 12 sheets proscuitto, thinly sliced

Directions:

1. In a medium bowl, mix cheeses, chives, roasted garlic and salt and pepper. Combine well.
2. Butterfly the shrimp using a sharp knife (cut shrimp lengthwise ¾ of the way though, so shrimp opens up like a book.)
3. Place 1 tablespoon stuffing inside the shrimp, spread evenly.
4. Wrap proscuitto all around shrimp, ensuring the stuffing is not exposed.
5. Drizzle shrimp with oil.
6. Preheat barbeque to medium heat.
7. Place shrimp on well oiled grill.
8. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until prosciutto is crispy and shrimp is no longer opaque.
9. Remove from heat and serve immediately.

Here as promised Diva The hand written is a 100 year old recipe handed down by A good Itailain friends grandma It super good but has to cook for 4 to 6 hours

Dinner was a blast had a wonderful time and forgot totake a lot of pics. So sorry.

Here are some though. I did not completely forget. (Although I think the cranberry orange vodka tini's may have had some impact on y ability to remember them)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom