It Was Pie Day Today (pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bryan S said:
They look great Bruce. Did you and your family like the results? And could you post the recipe. :D

Yes we were very happy with the results and the recipe is already posted in the Appetizer & Sides Section under "French Canadian Tortiere."

Nice pie...it looks cold... do you serve it cold or hot?

I'm from French decent and pork pies are a staple...but I've always eaten them cold. Never heard of gravy on one.....

What's the red in there?

We eat them cold, however, I did warm a slice up in the microwave for 25 seconds, it wasn't bad. But normally cold.

Bruce the pies look outstanding and I'm sure they'll taste even better!! I gotta make sure I hurry up and make one in the next 96 hours!!!!

Nick, you can make yours now!! Actually make two and eat them both!!!

Larry Wolfe said:
Bruce the pies look outstanding and I'm sure they'll taste even better!! I gotta make sure I hurry up and make one in the next 96 hours!!!!

Nick, you can make yours now!! Actually make two and eat them both!!!

Keep checking your mail. I'm send 3 to you because that's the way I am.....a giver! :LOL:

Ok, I knew I saw that somewhere before....We had it at our family reunion..when you mentioned eating it cold I remembered...The wifes family served it for breakfast one morning...

Back
Top Bottom