Is this for real?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here at the Rock, we have 2 rules. Memorize them so that you can repeat them in your sleep.

Rule Number 1. Obey all rules.

Rule Number 2. Do not write on the walls, as it is very hard to remove handwriting from walls.

25 Forum Posting Etiquette Tips The BBQ Central Style

1. Read the forums rules and guidelines before posting for the first time.(we have very few rules and most of the ones we have we don’t follow)
2. Search the other posts to see if your topic is already covered.(Why search when I can get a quick response and rekindle old argument’s that might be new to me?)

3. Use a meaningful title for your thread. (Like “Cocks on Fire” when cooking chicken

4. Do not use a forum to promote your product, service or business. (Shameless product placement is a must around here)
5. Be civil. Personal differences should be handled through email or IM and not through posts displayed to everyone. (Civil as in the War…airing differences in public is much more fun then answering questions about how to get good Q out of a crock pot)
6. Stay on topic. (What started this pissing contest anyway?)

7. Ignore spammers, respond to them personally and not through the board, or report them. (Ah how long do you smoke spam and what wood would you recommend? How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? See #6)

8. Do not submit a post that requires readers to download a large attachment. Either explain the attachment or, better yet, provide a link to the information. (Most of the members need a large attachment to there members)
9. Use plain text over HTML if you want your post to be readable by everyone. (If they can’t read it screw em)
10. In order to be understood by most people, use correct spelling, grammar and avoid slang unless you know the word or phrase will be understood by other members.(BW this excludes you but the board wouldn’t be much mo better with out you)
11. Do not double post (post the same message twice in one thread) or cross post (place the same message across several forums). (Hell if it wasn’t for double posts our post counts would be cut in half)
12. Act in a give and take manner; help others as often as or more than you ask for help.(Give more shit than you take nuff said)

13. Do not use all caps or SHOUT in your posts. In addition, one exclamation point is enough.(I JUST HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE SHOUT AT ME IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

14. When replying to a post, do not quote more from the previous post than you have to. (Remember the tower of Babble? A classic)

15. Do not post new problems on someone else's thread and interrupt a topic of discussion. (Living with ADD is a bitch)

16. Do not use someone else’s thread for a private conversation. (That would never happen here…So JP my Brisket and Butts should be done by 5 I’ll get the beer can you make it out)

17. Most forums prohibit warez, cracks or illegal downloading of software and similar topics.

18. Watch your sense of humor, posts may be read by people from a variety of backgrounds and ages. (You never know when a handicapped guy is a wheelchair will take umbrige when some finds it funny that his ball bag got caught in the toilet seat)

19. Do not use a huge and annoying signature, a modest signature is fine, moderators may remove large ones anyway. (John’s Handcock is very small but Puff likes it)

20. Do not post any information that you want private. Posts should not contain personal, identifiable information or content embarrassing to others. (See #s 18 &19)

21. Do not post content that violates a copyright. (That never happens on the internet)

22. Do not post ”empty” or useless responses, such as just ”lol” or ”cool.” Only post responses when you have something to contribute. (Again most of our post counts wouldn’t count what would be the fun it that…)
23. Write concisely and do not ramble.(Where’s the fun it this why did I get tanked up while cooking if I can’t go on a drunken ramble about the state of anything like an “empty” response..empty like the new castles that have fallen to my mechanized onslaught…)

24. Do not use words like ”urgent” or ”important” in your subject line, be patient. (HELP THE MEMBER IS TOO LARGE TO FIT IN MY PORK BUTT AND MY BRISKET WON’T FIT IN THE CAN YOU PLEASE INSTRUCT ME)
25. Do not chastise newbies.
(What good is the FNG if you can’t kick them around some if there skin is to soft to be here the door swings both ways like Puffy, Nick and JP)
Disclaimer
I was going to write a disclaimer covering the managemnt from the above rules and responses but figured where would the fun be in that…if you don’t understand that it’s a joke…time to look for a new board with more stringent rules and regulations…probably a board that most of our members were banned from

hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahhaahaaa!!!!!!! What Gary said! LMAO! :LOL: :LOL:

Whats more funny to me is I just figured out who Larry's avatar is.....That's fun-king hillariouse "I Love McRibs" lmao lmao hahahhaha!

Witt you just got nominated for the funniest post ever on this
board, which is really quite an accomplishment. What's more
it was funny on purpose! I'll be pulling for you at the end of the
year awards ceremony in New York..

Captain Morgan said:
Witt you just got nominated for the funniest post ever on this

I agree it was funny, but not as funny as when I got my sack stuck between the seat and the toilet bowl............or when Witt posted that smoke will penetrate an egg shell, now that was funny! :LOL: ;)

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":16jl3wb1]Witt you just got nominated for the funniest post ever on this

I agree it was funny, but not as funny as when I got my sack stuck between the seat and the toilet bowl............or when Witt posted that smoke will penetrate an egg shell, now that was funny! :LOL: ;)[/quote:16jl3wb1]
Who is the sponsor for the award?
Its an honor to be nominated....
Nice to remember why this board was started.

Back
Top Bottom