Is she a choke???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Kwan bows out of the Olympics due to injury.

The question is this:

Is Michelle Quan a choke?

I say yes! Even though she is many times a champ, she had never managed a gold in the Olympics. Isn't that where you are supposed to step up and punk the competition? The biggest stage in the world and she manages only to get a silver. I think she is a choke job...what do yo all think!??!?!?!

i think she needs a nose job ,never should have accepted that spot on the team she was hurt/ is hurt/ and knew it... Emily Hughes will now go.. when they open the airports here in NY

I agree. I saw that "I listen to my body" interview yesterday and thought this woman is not going to compete with an attitude like that.

Griff

NO WAY! YOU DON'T WORK THAT HARD, PUT YOUR NAME ON THE LINE AND QUIT! I'm thinking she may not have been a 100% from the get go.

Well I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say I can't believe some of the crap I'm reading. Kwan was injured before she even left for Italy. The only reason she went in the first place was because NBC needed her to go to help boost their ratings for these Olympics (Kwan's Last Gasp For a Gold) and help them recoop some of their $700,000,000 investment which they are going to take a bath on.

Then when she is honest enough to withdraw from the competition and refuses NBC's lucrative offer for her to stay and do commentary she's accused of being a choke in her past competitions.

I lost some respect for her for even going in the first place knowing she wasn't 100%, it would have been sadder for her to compete knowing she would lose, and not give the alternate a chance. At least she had the guts to withdraw.

I can only hope some of this indignation rears it's ugly head the next time one of your favorite football, baseball or basketball player sits out a game with a sore ankle and your team loses, or someone misses an open shot with 2.6 seconds to play and your team loses.

If you shout CHOKE loud then, you'll at least be consistent.

I'm outta here!!

I'm not talking about this Olympics. But given the fact that she left due to injury basically dictates that she will never get another shot at Olympic gold. Given the fact that she had 2 prior appereances and never won the gol you would then draw the conclusion that she can't win the big one when she is100% healthy...

BIG STAGE, BIG PRESSURE...NO GOLD!!

CHOKE! :eek:

JUST MY $0.02 :D

Maybe, perhaps, I also believe that it's possible the winning skater was just better that particular day and Kwan got beat.

The better person or better team doesn't always win, that doesn't mean the losing person or team choked. Now if the losing person came out and fell on her ass and performed terribly, then you might be able to say she choked. But when she finishes within hundredths of a point and still wins a medal there are many factors that could account for that, subjective judging comes to mind.

Greg Rempe said:
I'm not talking about this Olympics. But given the fact that she left due to injury basically dictates that she will never get another shot at Olympic gold. Given the fact that she had 2 prior appereances and never won the gol you would then draw the conclusion that she can't win the big one when she is100% healthy...

BIG STAGE, BIG PRESSURE...NO GOLD!!

CHOKE! :eek:

JUST MY $0.02 :D

Well I have had a groin injury before playing high school football , it aint easy to go after that and it takes a long time to heal. At least she tried to get the job done , that alone takes along of fortitude. Me I would have stayed and got BIG BUCKS as a commentator.i

I saw an interview with her this morning. What bothered me is she stated that before ever going into this, she decided if she didn't feel 100% she wouldn't compete. IMO, if you are an olympic athlete, you should go into it with only positive thoughts......not thoughts of possibly not being up to competition. I am sorry that she got hurt and feel it was best for her to drop out but maybe she had no business being there in the first place.

I'm not trying to beat a dead Kwan here...but...

Walter, I am not counting this Olympics...she's hurt...she's out...sorry about that!

Bruce, 10ths of a point seperate skaters because a landing isn't clean or a spin isn't properly executed and so on...I think we'll agree to disagree here but...when she was healthy and in the Olympics she never won gold. Jordan won NBA championships and Olympic Gold...Isn't she supposed to have been the Jordan of Ice Skating?

Let's just agree that I am right! :eek: :(

The fact that a post regarding women's figure skating, drew this much attention and ire on this board scares me! :ack:

Greg Rempe said:
Kwan bows out of the Olympics due to injury.

The question is this:

I say yes! Even though she is many times a champ, she had never managed a gold in the Olympics. Isn't that where you are supposed to step up and punk the competition? The biggest stage in the world and she manages only to get a silver. I think she is a choke job...what do yo all think!??!?!?!

If you're going to call her a choker at least give her credit for swallowing! :)

Kloset BBQR said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":17f0fhfh]Kwan bows out of the Olympics due to injury.

The question is this:

If you're going to call her a choker at least give her credit for swallowing! :)[/quote:17f0fhfh]

LOL now thats funy!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom