Is it Pasta Salad or Noodle Salad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From Bill's link:
Pasta Salad - It is made up of cooked pasta pieces (usually either shell pasta, elbow shaped pasta or Penne) covered in mayonaise and accompanied by carrots, capsicum (bell peppers), and sometimes celery. It is similar is style to the American Macaroni salad.

I do believe I call those floaties.

Helen_Paradise said:
From Bill's link:
Pasta Salad - It is made up of cooked pasta pieces (usually either shell pasta, elbow shaped pasta or Penne) covered in mayonaise and accompanied by carrots, capsicum (bell peppers), and sometimes celery. It is similar is style to the American Macaroni salad.

Bell peppers shouldn't even qualify as a capsicum, nor a floaty.

Helen_Paradise said:
Macaroni salad.

I agree . We always called it that. (Hey, if I agree with you, I guess my name can't be "Helen"? Which .......is..........good, because.......uh,........it............isn't....................... :shock: )

ScottyDaQ said:
Helen_Paradise said:
From Bill's link:

Bell peppers shouldn't even qualify as a capsicum, nor a floaty.

It's floatin' fruit!! Get over it!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_pepper

Here at the Penzarosa, Macaroni Salad has mayo and is made with elbows...Pasta salad would have diced lunch meat and itialian dressing...

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Being from the south, we grew up calling anything with:

Macroni, angle hair, spagetti, bow tie, elbow ect Pasta Salad.

Is this just a southern thing or what? I was told that Pasta salad is made with Italian dressings and Noodle Salad is made with Mayo. Around here, any if you use a pasta, its Pasta Salad.

Any thoughts here?

I don't think he was actually making a point but asking for any thoughts regarding pasta salad and noodle salad.

He states that where he is from Pasta with italian dressing is pasta salad and pasta with mayo is noodle salad.

Then everyone (including me) chimed in on what they thought.

It's like some people call tennis shoes, sneakers. Or some call soda, pop, vice versa etc..

He was simply asking us what we would call pasta salad or noodle salad.

:D just my observation

SteerCrazy said:
Bill The Grill Guy said:

Is this just a southern thing or what? I was told that Pasta salad is made with Italian dressings and Noodle Salad is made with Mayo. Around here, any if you use a pasta, its Pasta Salad.

Any thoughts here?

I don't think he was actually making a point but asking for any thoughts regarding pasta salad and noodle salad.

He states that where he is from Pasta with italian dressing is pasta salad and pasta with mayo is noodle salad.

It's like some people call tennis shoes, sneakers. Or some call soda, pop, vice versa etc..

See, you're wrong... In a later post he said he was making a point. That he had never heard it called noodle salad. Then he gave the definition that he had heard that morning ( the one you wrongly credit to Bill about the dressing verses mayo).
Everyone thought as I did (even you) that Bill wanted to know what we would call it. We all answered and then Bill told me that I missed the "point" of his original post.

Bill's original post is worded very different than what the meaning of it was supposed to be...
I stand by my declaration: The original post is flawed.
LOL I don't care, I just think it's funny.

Finney said:
SteerCrazy said:
Bill The Grill Guy said:

Any thoughts here?

See, you're wrong... In a later post he said he was making a point. That he had never heard it called noodle salad. Then he gave the definition that he had heard that morning ( the one you wrongly credit to Bill about the dressing verses mayo).
Everyone thought as I did (even you) that Bill wanted to know what we would call it. We all answered and then Bill told me that I missed the "point" of his original post.

Bill's original post is worded very different than what the meaning of it was supposed to be...
I stand by my declaration: The original post is flawed.
LOL I don't care, I just think it's funny.

guess I missed that part :oops: so I take back what I said and agree with you, the post is flawed!! :LOL:

I thought it was funnier when everyone thought that BTGG said that pasta salad was made with Italian dressing..... :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom