iPhone recipe book?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnnyReb

Senior Cook
for those of you that have an iphone.... what do you use to keep your recipes in?

This is a great one MacGourmet. By having it on the iPhone when I am at the grocery I can check if I need to buy an ingredients. There is a laptop/desktop version that syncs with the phone. I have tried many and this is the ONE!

That's the one I just purchased for my desktop. I want to copy all my recipes from Mastercook over to it. Then sync it to my phone

Nick Prochilo said:
That's the one I just purchased for my desktop. I want to copy all my recipes from Mastercook over to it. Then sync it to my phone

Have good Cheeseburger Soup and Honey Mustard Glaze recipes MacGourmet format if you want them :D

Hefty price. Anything you don't like about MacGourmet? Or wish they would do differently? Or worth every penny?

Helen_Paradise said:
Hefty price. Anything you don't like about MacGourmet? Or wish they would do differently? Or worth every penny?

The desktop is $29 on the web site (go through the app store and it is $24.99???) and the iPhone app is $2.99, yeah I think it is well worth $32.00, I did the free trial and then bought it. Only problem I have is with the wireless sync, so I just update my phone using iTunes. They say it is a glitch with my system, the wireless did work at one point, no biggie though, pretty good customer service, responded in 24 hours several times. I have a sister in Oakland CA and we are both Mac Addicts and tried several cookbooks and both agree this is the one. We have been using it since last fall.

bbquzz said:
Helen_Paradise said:

The desktop is $29 on the web site (go through the app store and it is $24.99???) and the iPhone app is $2.99, yeah I think it is well worth $32.00, I did the free trial and then bought it. Only problem I have is with the wireless sync, so I just update my phone using iTunes. They say it is a glitch with my system, the wireless did work at one point, no biggie though, pretty good customer service, responded in 24 hours several times. I have a sister in Oakland CA and we are both Mac Addicts and tried several cookbooks and both agree this is the one. We have been using it since last fall.

Yea, Mac junkie here too. I'll give the free version a try on the MacBook first. Looks like the iPhone app needs some work if you can't edit or update.

Helen_Paradise said:
bbquzz said:
[quote="Helen_Paradise":2ny6rn3o]Hefty price. Anything you don't like about MacGourmet? Or wish they would do differently? Or worth every penny?

Yea, Mac junkie here too. I'll give the free version a try on the MacBook first. Looks like the iPhone app needs some work if you can't edit or update.[/quote:2ny6rn3o]

Never thought of that but you are right you cannot input or edit on the iPhone, I really just use my phone to look up ingredients in the store when I can't remember what I need. Had a iPad and used it on the counter as my recipe, but sold the iPad and got a MacBook Air ... I love my Air, now I use it on the counter. Cool feature is called Chef View and it will read the recipe to you. Let me know how you like it.

Back
Top Bottom