interesting... fire boxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty cool! Wonder how it works with 2 fireboxes. Says its to avoid hot spots and that you can control the heat flow from box to cooking chamber with a slide control of some type. Hey Finney, can you design 1 of these?

I think it might be good to do things at 2 different temps. If the ribs were in the box, you could cook birds on the grates in the barrel at a higher temp.
I dunno
;.

Finney said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Pretty cool! Wonder how it works with 2 fireboxes. Says its to avoid hot spots and that you can control the heat flow from box to cooking chamber with a slide control of some type. Hey Finney, can you design 1 of these?
Yep............. But why? #-o
Ditto :eek:

I'd rather talk to Yankees than cook on that!

P.S. This is Finney, I'm over at Larry having a really delicious meal!! 8-[

Finney said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Yep............. But why? #-o

Just wanted to know. I'm wonder what kinds of modifications you would do to it?

First of all, I'm now all about the insulated "box" cookers (like Stumps & others) so I would build it like that. I would also 'steal' the Stumps gravity feed system (one on each end). Then set the whole thing up to be able to cook whole hogs or butts, briskets, shoulders and ribs. So it would have to have some removable shelves. Might even have charcaol baskets also for modified direct cooking the hogs and shoulders. Love that NC BBQ.

Nick Prochilo said:
Finney said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":2rwno5ul]You gotta love smart engineers! I usually get stuck dealing with stupid ones at work all day!
Have you seen one of those? :)

No, only chatted withone on line! Sometimes he is just a smart ass! But never a dumb ass! And sometimes he's a kiss ass![/quote:2rwno5ul]
I would vote for :smooch: ass :!:

I don't quite understand the physics of it but if you have one hot spot with one firebox why wouldn't you have 2 hotspots with two fireboxes? I bet that thing is a pain to keep below 250.

Uncle Bubba said:
I don't quite understand the physics of it but if you have one hot spot with one firebox why wouldn't you have 2 hotspots with two fireboxes? I bet that thing is a pain to keep below 250.
I am just guessing here but....keeping it under 250* or lower would be very simple. If you just used the furthest firebox away from the cooking box you were using, it should provide a very cool smoke. I would think. :)

When I was a kid (about 10 years ago) our neighbor used a old fridge for a smoker :eek:
All he smoked was fish :!:

My father in law has a pit in the ground with a pipe that leads to a 55 gallon drum a couple of feet away. He hangs the eels in the drum and has the fire in the pit. When ever he smokes, all the krauts from his homeland come over and drink manhattens for the 6+ hours that he smokes the eels. Pretty funny watching them at the end of the smoke when they are all $hitfaced and trying to eat the eels!

Nick Prochilo said:
My father in law has a pit in the ground with a pipe that leads to a 55 gallon drum a couple of feet away. He hangs the eels in the drum and has the fire in the pit. When ever he smokes, all the krauts from his homeland come over and drink manhattens for the 6+ hours that he smokes the eels. Pretty funny watching them at the end of the smoke when they are all $hitfaced and trying to eat the eels!
I know i'll regret this .... are they lap eels? 8-[

Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:

Your a sick person! Where are the moderators when you need them!

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":5zejg1gq]My father in law has a pit in the ground with a pipe that leads to a 55 gallon drum a couple of feet away. He hangs the eels in the drum and has the fire in the pit. When ever he smokes, all the krauts from his homeland come over and drink manhattens for the 6+ hours that he smokes the eels. Pretty funny watching them at the end of the smoke when they are all $hitfaced and trying to eat the eels!

Your a sick person! Where are the moderators when you need them![/quote:5zejg1gq] #-o :hide:

Back
Top Bottom