Interesting facts from KCBS..........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brian wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATsBBQ wrote:
Wonder what the MIM numbers look like?

there's would be the opposite. galax, va and wash dc are the only mim contests i can think of in my area while i can easily think of a half dozen kcbs contests.

No doubt that KC rules when it comes to contests. Just currious to see if the other sanctioning outfits are seeing the same growth. I heard tell, that in Texas they don't do KC or MIM but their own thing (which I sure is fun in itself) :D

Actually they do a few KCBS contests down here..or have in the past anyway. Think they had one in Sherman a few years back. Not sure about the growth of IBCA but know they have "pits" springing up in quite a few states outside Texas..with CA being one of the most recent. Would nearly bet they are outgrowing KCBS by a large margin and predict IBCA will eventually swallow up KCBS. It is getting to where every hick town and wide spot in the road in Texas is having at least one and often multiple IBCA/LSBS cookoffs each year.

bigwheel

I think it's going to be interesting in the next few years. In New England there are so many contests starting up that older contests that don't have a large payout and aren't very cooker friendly are having a hard time attracting teams. There were a few contests in NE last year that didn't get 10 teams.

With the growth of contests, payout and being cook friendly will mean some conest will be going away. Even with contests going away, nest year will have more total contests than this year.

We are rewriting the KCBS sanctioning packet, there have been some contests that wanted to change payouts (lower them) after advertizing and taking enties. Should be a interesting year coming up.
Jim

Back
Top Bottom