Installing a Strut Tower Bar This Weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ROB O

Senior Cook
Niagara River Smoker said:
3 races starting tonight if you have Speed TV, 2 if you dont.. NASCAR Schedule They're in California so the races are later than usual..

Don't have speed TV but why watch when you can do (or pretend).

I'm installing a strut tower bar. I'll post pics once it's done as long as I don't cut off an arm or something.

ROB O said:
[quote="Niagara River Smoker":3p84wi6v]3 races starting tonight if you have Speed TV, 2 if you dont.. NASCAR Schedule They're in California so the races are later than usual..

I'm installing a strut tower bar. I'll post pics once it's done as long as I don't cut off an arm or something.[/quote:3p84wi6v]

What in the hell is a "strut tower bar"? I know struts have something to do with your suspension, but help me out Rob! If you do happen to cut off an arm, please post pics! :-D :shock:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="ROB O":vjbifjbb][quote="Niagara River Smoker":vjbifjbb]3 races starting tonight if you have Speed TV, 2 if you dont.. NASCAR Schedule They're in California so the races are later than usual..

I'm installing a strut tower bar. I'll post pics once it's done as long as I don't cut off an arm or something.[/quote:vjbifjbb]

What in the hell is a "strut tower bar"? I know struts have something to do with your suspension, but help me out Rob! If you do happen to cut off an arm, please post pics! :-D :shock:[/quote:vjbifjbb]

It's a bar that runs across the top of the engine bay between the tops of the "thingy's" aka towers that hold the struts.

It stiffens the frame and helps the vehicle track better. At least I hope.....

Amputated arm, bloody engine bay, strut tower bar... I'll post a shot.

Too damn cold to cook.

Sure Larry, But if you think that's fun come along w/me next weekend. Going for a dynomometer run... yee ha!

Loud, smoke, lots of computers and stuff. Next best thing to a drag race.

ROB O said:
Sure Larry, But if you think that's fun come along w/me next weekend. Going for a dynomometer run... yee ha!

Loud, smoke, lots of computers and stuff. Next best thing to a drag race.

I know exactly what a "Dynomometer" is!!! I'd love to be behind the wheel when the puter says you are going 120MPH, at 6200RPM, maxing out at 500HP, but you aren't moving!! That would freak me out!

yeah.. taken my son too. he's gonna love it.

Only I won't be anywhere near 500. This is just a bone stock run. I'll be amazed if I get up over 260 at the wheels.

ROB O said:
yeah.. taken my son too. he's gonna love it.

Only I won't be anywhere near 500. This is just a bone stock run. I'll be amazed if I get up over 260 at the wheels.

What does Nissan say that thing is rated at?

280 hp @ 6,200 RPM

Torque 270 lb-ft @ 4,800 RPM

On edit: Actually I forgot it's all wheel drive. I'll be lucky to get over 240 at the wheels.

Sorry about that Rob. Actually, it was a "split" from the original thread since it pretty much became a topic of its own :)

No problem Bill. I uh... guess.... uh... I got a little carried away.

***** Rob laughing at himself *****

Hi ya' Nick. You're right. It is never too cold to (have someone else) cook. Hope you and your wife enjoy the visit.

If you have any extras I should be done with the install by about 3PM. I could be there by 4. :smt023

We have to eat around 12:00 so she can get back to school. At 4:00 it will only be leftovers? which are going to be hard for you to eat with only one hand!!! :cry:

:smt046 :smt043 :smt043 :smt046

You called it right. I got her installed ok but I'm missing the skin off the knuckle on my right thumb.

I should have been using a longer wrench. Couldn't get one of the tower bolts loose, threw my wait behnind it and then...... BAM!

But it's worth it. Definitely tightens up the ride. Nick. You should install one of these in that dump truck of yours.

And I thought we were waiting for a pic of the bloody knuckle!! :evil:

;)

Niagara River Smoker said:
And I thought we were waiting for a pic of the bloody knuckle!! :evil:

;)

Bill, I would have done it but my wife was out w/the kids and took the camera with her. I could pick the scab and take a shot of that if you want?

Back
Top Bottom