Insane Good Chips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
img_239706_0_5674d63818922325527096f4ed11d172.jpg

Good Lawdy Miz Claudie...if I used Texas Pete on something I would have to go commit swercide or something just to attone for the shamefulness. That stuff tastes awful and made in Ohiya or some other furrin country. Noo Yawk City perhaps? Who knows? I can testify cuz I was dumb enough to buy a jug of the nasty stuff one day. Would gag a gut wagon maggot.

bigwheel said:
Good Lawdy Miz Claudie...if I used Texas Pete on something I would have to go commit swercide or something just to attone for the shamefulness. That stuff tastes awful and made in Ohiya or some other furrin country. Noo Yawk City perhaps? Who knows? I can testify cuz I was dumb enough to buy a jug of the nasty stuff one day. Would gag a gut wagon maggot.

It's made in Winston Salem and I love the stuff. Nothing better than a Carolina Chili Dog with Slaw and LOT'S of Texas Pete!! I think Ole' Cappy might agree!!

Well since it's sleazy attributes apparently appeals to the pallette of yet unmigrated Carolinians they should call it North Carolina Peter or something like that. Why go giving Texas a bad name?

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="friesian_rain":2l9qxab1] So, this Texas Pete sauce, it's hot ? I love hot and spicy ...

It's spicy/vinegary, not hot.[/quote:2l9qxab1]

Well, I'd give it a try, but it's not sold here.....

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="friesian_rain":3d3j4acx] So, this Texas Pete sauce, it's hot ? I love hot and spicy ...

It's spicy/vinegary, not hot.[/quote:3d3j4acx]
My family loves it because you can put it on just about anything. There isn't any burn so you can taste the peppers.
Texas Pete also makes a fantastic pepper sauce that is great on southern greens, beans, peas. etc.

3 Olives said:
[quote="friesian_rain":2i43upp6][quote="Larry Wolfe":2i43upp6][quote="friesian_rain":2i43upp6] So, this Texas Pete sauce, it's hot ? I love hot and spicy ...

It's spicy/vinegary, not hot.[/quote:2i43upp6]

Well, I'd give it a try, but it's not sold here..... [/quote:2i43upp6]
You can buy it directly from the company http://www.texaspetestore.com/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=1097375&showprevnext=1[/quote:2i43upp6]

Thank you, ya that's the way I'm going to have to go. I just checked every store here in Juneau, nothing :( I'm so used to buying online :|

Well Fresian..you has indeed had a blessing on that aspect. Sirriachi Sauce leads the field in the flavor you seek. Can find it in the Chinese section of Wally World down here in the lower 48 or so...real cheap. Sure you find it in every Chinese restaurant in your part of the world. It tastes like NC Peter supposed to taste like but dont. Has a very kewlish heat dispersal pattern and garlicky as a mofo. I could not live without it..or at least it would be rough.

It's spicy/vinegary, not hot.[/quote]

Well, I'd give it a try, but it's not sold here..... [/quote]

bigwheel said:
Well Fresian..you has indeed had a blessing on that aspect. Sirriachi Sauce leads the field in the flavor you seek. Can find it in the Chinese section of Wally World down here in the lower 48 or so...real cheap. Sure you find it in every Chinese restaurant in your part of the world. It tastes like NC Peter supposed to taste like but dont. Has a very kewlish heat dispersal pattern and garlicky as a mofo. I could not live without it..or at least it would be rough.

It's spicy/vinegary, not hot.

Well, I'd give it a try, but it's not sold here..... [/quote][/quote]

I love Sriracha sauce; always have a bottle or two laying around....

Well great. I have a bottle of Frank's which been in the ice box for about five years and aint been used but once or twice since somebody from on here recommended Sirriachi. I was hooked on the first sample.

bigwheel said:
Well since it's sleazy attributes apparently appeals to the pallette of yet unmigrated Carolinians they should call it North Carolina Peter or something like that. Why go giving Texas a bad name?

You should be honored that it's called Texas Pete. Everyone knows the Carolinas are the Barbecuing center of the universe!

bigwheel said:
Well great. I have a bottle of Frank's which been in the ice box for about five years and aint been used but once or twice since somebody from on here recommended Sirriachi. I was hooked on the first sample.
Franks Red Hot is great on about everything from eggs to any meat you can think of. I often snack on just Franks on lunch meat with crackers. It is even great stirred in V-8.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom