Ice fishing, anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monty3777

Senior Cook
This is a video I put together. It is a vid of our church's men's group ice fishing trip to Lake Mille Lacs. A cold front moved in the night we arrived and brought temps down to -30*. Still, it beat sitting in a church pew!

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P7TbzcN1GNE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P7TbzcN1GNE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Now that is a fishing shanty!!!! :shock: :shock:
Some fine looking "yella' bellies" there Monty!
I've only been out once this year and got skunked. :cry:

I don't know, I fell through the ice once when I was a youngin, but, I might give that a shot sumtime. Momma thought it looked perty cozy in there! Look like you fellers was havin a perty good time!

Now something isn't right here. I've never been ice fishing but a buddy of mine gos all the time. He says it's a great time to drink some Yukon Jack while your waiting for the fish to bite but you guys didn't have any! Somebody help me out here. :LOL: ;)

Spent many hours in the fish house when I was young buck and living in Minnesota. Brings back some nice memories (and few not so nice :LOL: ) Thanks for posting.

Nick Prochilo said:
Now something isn't right here. I've never been ice fishing but a buddy of mine gos all the time. He says it's a great time to drink some Yukon Jack while your waiting for the fish to bite but you guys didn't have any! Somebody help me out here. :LOL: ;)

Well, it's a church video. So...

However, keep in mind that at the end of the video I give credit to "Otis" for making a special appearance. Nuff said 8) :oops:

I'm obviously way out of touch. I envisioned a 10x10 shack with seven guys shivering around a single hole in the ice on canvas stools. Guess I watched "Grumpy Old Men" too many times. :LOL: :LOL:

Nick Prochilo said:
Why haven't you ever gone Nick?

I could never get into ice fishing, 'course none of my friends have a shack like that one. I don't like the short little rods and the fish are understandably lethargic.

Let's see, carpeting, bunk beds, stove, microwave, DAMN that shanty looks better than the first apartment I had. That's how to ice fish!!!!

big dude said:
I'm obviously way out of touch. I envisioned a 10x10 shack with seven guys shivering around a single hole in the ice on canvas stools. Guess I watched "Grumpy Old Men" too many times. :LOL: :LOL:

Me too :LOL:

Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:

No place to go around here. I'd have to head upstate to do that!

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3v4xuqnx]Now something isn't right here. I've never been ice fishing but a buddy of mine gos all the time. He says it's a great time to drink some Yukon Jack while your waiting for the fish to bite but you guys didn't have any! Somebody help me out here. :LOL: ;)

No place to go around here. I'd have to head upstate to do that![/quote:3v4xuqnx]
Oh, I thought it was because you are a ........ ;)

Puff said:
Now that is a fishing shanty!!!! :shock: :shock:
Some fine looking "yella' bellies" there Monty!
I've only been out once this year and got skunked. :cry:

Puff, you should wait almost til ice off...then go. :roll:

Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1cy67nf1]Now something isn't right here. I've never been ice fishing but a buddy of mine gos all the time. He says it's a great time to drink some Yukon Jack while your waiting for the fish to bite but you guys didn't have any! Somebody help me out here. :LOL: ;)

No place to go around here. I'd have to head upstate to do that!
Oh, I thought it was because you are a ........ ;)[/quote:1cy67nf1]

No, that would be someone else we ALL know! ;)

Back
Top Bottom