I need your help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
My daughter wants a Nintendo Wii game console for Christmas but I cannot find any of them in stores. I can get them online for $500-$700 for the same thing that costs $249 in a store. If anyone here finds a brand new unopened Wii in a retail store in the $249 price range would you please purchase it and I will reimburse you, pay for shipping from you to me and send you two lbs of your choice of Wolfe Rub or $25 for your troubles. This will make Cathryn really happy and make me the #1 Dad if I can get this for her for Christmas! Thanks.

If you need to contact me via e-mail - wolferub at gmail dot com

Good Luck....I think I got the last one in the city a few weeks ago...they aren't even adverstising them here...

Larry my family got ours right after Easter last year. We had a hard time finding it at first. After asking around a few store we learned that most places will release their new shipments of the wii on Sunday morning and the trick was to get there an hour or two before the store opened and be one of the first in line for the wii. My dad and brother went to a local circuit city a few hours before it opened and since they were on of the first there they got a pass guaranteing them a wii when the store opened. Try and ask around and see if Sunday is the day the stores release their wii and if it is try geting there a few hours befor the store open.

Hope this helps,

Chris

chris1237 said:
Larry my family got ours right after Easter last year. We had a hard time finding it at first. After asking around a few store we learned that most places will release their new shipments of the wii on Sunday morning and the trick was to get there an hour or two before the store opened and be one of the first in line for the wii. My dad and brother went to a local circuit city a few hours before it opened and since they were on of the first there they got a pass guaranteing them a wii when the store opened. Try and ask around and see if Sunday is the day the stores release their wii and if it is try geting there a few hours befor the store open.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Thanks Chris I'll give that a shot.

chris1237 said:

Hope this helps,

Chris

How did you get it last year at Easter? Or do you mean THIS year.... it was released in Nov/Dec 2006. Just wondering if you have pals in the business I need to make friends with.............

I'll check Around see waht I can find for ya in the next week or two. I know its probably not as fast as youd like, but with working the weekends my time is VERY Limited

If any of you use Firefox, there is a cool add on called Check For Change. What it allows you to do is monitor online stores like Best Buy, you set it up to monitor their stock level and as soon as it changes, it'll let you know.

I used it last year to score a Wii at Best Buy online (there would be 0 available and I'd set Check for Change to monitor it) as soon as there was stock the program would play a tune and I'd know there was stock.

The only thing is that you need to be sitting by the computer when stock changes. If you're by the computer a lot it's a handy tool.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3028

Helen_Paradise said:
chris1237 said:

Hope this helps,

Chris

How did you get it last year at Easter? Or do you mean THIS year.... it was released in Nov/Dec 2006. Just wondering if you have pals in the business I need to make friends with.............

I ment this year sorry.

I was at Toy R Us this evening inquiring about the very same item. The girl told me there were 46 more coming in this coming Sunday but they were limiting it to 1 per person and to get there by 3:00am.

I can't believe that these things are still in such demand. It came out a year ago and there's still shortages?

Nintendo is doing something right, or wrong depending on the way you look at it....

Larry if you have a costco membership and they are handy check them out from time to time. thatsd how we found ours, calling ahead doesnt work, they will be gone before you get there. maybe next week in singapore i can find you a weeeeee instead

Bubba there is supposed to be a gamestop in a small town in PA that has them all the time...I'm glad I got mine already

Back
Top Bottom