I MUST VENT!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I need to vent. I took today off to stay home to have a shed built. Well the guys get here at 10:30 this morning. The one guys walks up to greet me and immediately says, "you know we're not gonna be able to finish this today". I said, "NO I DIDN'T KNOW THAT, THE SALES GUY SAID IT WAS A ONE DAY JOB". Then he said, "well the heat is killing me". Anyways, these guys start working and are moving right along, I'm very happy at this point. I take them out some water and ask if they want to come inside the A/C to cool off, they decline. So at 1pm, the guy comes to my back door and says, "they're calling it a day". My jaw dropped, I was speechless. They spent a total of 2.5 hours at my house. I took 8 hours off of work for 2.5 hours worth of work????? WTF am I missing here? What would you guys do??? I realize it's hot, but if they would have gotten here earlier than 10:30 they could have finished, right? Anyways, here's a few pic's of what they got done. It is pre-primered and I will need to paint it.

Well Larry, how hot is hot? You know, I do construction work and its pretty hot up here too. We worked full days (8 hours) the last 3 days. Now, I know it was only about 98* here with near 100% humidity, so they might have a legit reason for calling it a day. BTW, are they brining the roof and using a pop up timer to tell them when to go home?

Sorry, I had to say that

Susan Z said:
If you call the company and yell at 'em, you might get a discount. Or they might build it in a way that it falls and squashes you like a bug....

:winkie:

I thought about that. I'm always nice when waitresses/waiters screw up, cause I don't want em to spit in my food.

Don't EVER listen to the salesman! I eliminated mine and 90% of my problems vanished. Now if I could only get rid of the customers!!!

Gator Pit said:
Ain't nobody as hot as my guys welding in pipe 8 hours day. Shop thermo had gotten over 125 degrees and that is in the shade with huge 42" fans blowing all around the shop with all five bay doors fully open. And they are wearing full weld garb from leather shirts, long sleeves, under shirt, full face shields, welding caps, and so on. You want to know what hot is, come see me. We go thru three five gallon bottles almost daily this time of year.

Years back, I had Home Depot build a 12 foot by 20 foot workshop in my backyard. One guys showed up with one pickup. He had the entire building up in four hours by himself. That was two windows, an A/C window cutout, shingled, double front doors, etc. I was coompletely amazed how this guy could put up that building in four hours by HIMSELF.

So my answer: That is BS what they did.

Rich, Thank you................how much does this get me off my pit?? :grin: Seriously though, this is what these guys do for a living... What if the guy building our highways quit at 1pm.................................

Get a gun and tomorrow when they show up???????Kill em all! 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ Tell em "the clowns told me to do it!" :eek: :eek:

Woodman said:
Get a gun and tomorrow when they show up???????Kill em all! 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ Tell em "the clowns told me to do it!" :eek: :eek:

uh Woody, who would build my shed then?????????????

I was just wondering if you could have stayed home until they got there and made sure they were set and then went into work so you wouldn't have had to lose a whole day.

The least I would do is call the store and speak to the sales person.

Well that is what you get for not living in NY. If you lived up here instead of down south you would have had 20 mexicans who don't speak english and one white guy who only speaks english and constantly yelling at the mexicans even though they don't understand a word of english, but it makes them work faster) at your door at 6AM, shed up, painted by 8AM. Just don't call up after the job is done and complain, they will probably put a mexican on who doesn't understand you to splve your problem.

I know exactly what you mean Larry, I feel for ya dude. Been trying to get some stucco work completed on the house for 6 month's now. All is good when they start the job, Then shit happens and there nowhere to be found. Next step is court. I just want the job done. I fed them good also. Now they have the balls to stop by and ask ' What's for lunch' if the pit is going. I say finish the job and you will have all the eat's and beer you want. The boss is a piece of work. The labor boys want to finish the job (on there own time)

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Gator Pit":371hlypd]Ain't nobody as hot as my guys welding in pipe 8 hours day. Shop thermo had gotten over 125 degrees and that is in the shade with huge 42" fans blowing all around the shop with all five bay doors fully open. And they are wearing full weld garb from leather shirts, long sleeves, under shirt, full face shields, welding caps, and so on. You want to know what hot is, come see me. We go thru three five gallon bottles almost daily this time of year.

Years back, I had Home Depot build a 12 foot by 20 foot workshop in my backyard. One guys showed up with one pickup. He had the entire building up in four hours by himself. That was two windows, an A/C window cutout, shingled, double front doors, etc. I was coompletely amazed how this guy could put up that building in four hours by HIMSELF.

So my answer: That is BS what they did.

Rich, Thank you................how much does this get me off my pit?? :grin: Seriously though, this is what these guys do for a living... What if the guy building our highways quit at 1pm.................................[/quote:371hlypd]

Don't know about your highways, but that SOP around here!

Bruce B said:
I was just wondering if you could have stayed home until they got there and made sure they were set and then went into work so you wouldn't have had to lose a whole day.

The least I would do is call the store and speak to the sales person.

Bruce, if I lived closer to work I could have and would have done just that. But unfortunately in order to be able to afford to live in the NOVA area I have to live out in the boonies and my commute is 120 miles round trip. With the way traffic is around here, if I would have left when they got to my house it would have been time to come home by the time I got to work.

The guys were back at my house at 8 a.m. this morning and they're cleaning up now 11:55 a.m. I'll post pic's when I get home tonight. My wife says it looks good. I'll be the judge of that. :eek:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom