I have reached a Plateau

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
I have reached a plateau. I have made enough Q in 2007 to stock my freezer with countless bags of ribs, chicken, PP and brisket. I don't want to smoke anything else until I have used up what I have cooked.

Any time I mention thawing out some Q to the kids, I get a thumbs down cuz they are sick of it. The wife agrees with the kids on this one issue.

The problem is that I don't view BBQ in the same light as I used to. I am in the HUNT for the best BBQ that I can produce. That means that I am thinking about what to do differently on the next cook hours before the cook I am doing is done.

Now what ?

I need to be testing some new techniques, rubs, injections and equipment but I am stalled between eating and cooking and this plateau may last a while. :cry:

I don't want to give away what I have worked hard to make. Selling Q has never been high on my list.

Maybe someone will pull the plug on the freezer so I can restock it. :idea:

Maybe I should get rid of my FoodSaver. :LOL:

I hope I spelled plateau correctly.......See I am already forgetting what I have learned. :shock:

well you could make some brunswick stew, the brisket could
be turned in sloppy joes, etc. I do get tired of Q myself
after making a big batch, but I give freezer bags to
friends and family members.

Sell it to feed the addiction....and then use that money to buy more raw meat.......
Like Cappy said..Q goes into stuff great..use your PP in Italian Gravy, Mexican Food, Baked Beans, ect...then post your stuff in the leftoversection...we need more recipes or Greg will delete it.

Cliff offer to cook for a big birthday party or something and sell the Q to them all at once. Then get back to cooking!

I feel your pain Cliff. Vividly recall the first bbq cookoff we attended. Got to shooting the bull with an old Moss Back who had been on the comp circuit for a long time. In an effort to make conversation I axed him, "Do yall like to eat bbq?" He say, "Hell boy...my neighbor's dawgs don't even like bbq no mo." Guess you could haul all them leftovers down to the local wino shelter. They prob be glad to get it.

bigwheel

Cliff it seems to me friends and neighbors love to get bags of Q.
Or do like BW said and donate it to the winos ;)

Ya know, I get tired of ribs, butts and brisket. But I'll never get tired from whole hog! Must be something about the whole hog thing that makes it better. After you break down a hog and salt the skin to make cracklings, taint much better than that.

Back
Top Bottom