I got a mention for something other than BBQ - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2007, 09:50 AM   #1
Web Celeb

I got a mention for something other than BBQ

Aside from BBQ I am a big wine guy. Seems when I turned 32 last year my pallet changed and wine was finally agreeable to me!

So I have been trying to learn a lot about it and find what I like to drink. I came across a daily wine tasting video podcast called WLTV . The host is quite a character, but, he has a great way of articulating the taste in his mouth. It's worth the look if you don't know who this guy is...but he is fast becoming a force in the wine world and the internet.

So, I started doing an audio show that "Recaps" his video show in 3-5 minutes...and he gave me a mention and a link on his show yesterday (show 241) the mention is at the end of the show and the link is at the bottom of the page. Needless to say I am getting a big surge in traffic!!

I was happy to get the exposure and the recognition for the work put in. You can hear my work at www.wltvuncorked.wordpress.com and it is also available in I-Tunes as well.

Just tooting my horn!

Old 05-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #2
Official BBQ Central Mark

That's great Greg. So how do you rate MD2020?

Team Gruber Mister BBQ
KCBS Citified Judge 8282
Tomorrow is just your future yesterday
Pigs On The Wing BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigs On The Wing BBQ
That's great Greg. So how do you rate MD2020?
WWHHOOO WEE that brings back bad memories [smilie=rlp_smilie_207.gif] I like wine too & I cook lots of things with wine. I allways have a bottle in the frige for adding to recipes
Yes beer qualifies as an appetizer

BOY!

http://www.youtube.com/user/007bondjb
007bond-jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:45 AM   #4

Good job Greg. Not a big wine drinker here, but give me a cold beer and I am a happy camper.

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/3674/platezi0.png
Bill The Grill Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:36 AM   #5
Pope O'Que

Re: I got a mention for something other than BBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Rempe
Aside from BBQ I am a big wine guy. Seems when I turned 32 last year my pallet changed and wine was finally agreeable to me!

So I have been trying to learn a lot about it and find what I like to drink. I came across a daily wine tasting video podcast called WLTV . The host is quite a character, but, he has a great way of articulating the taste in his mouth. It's worth the look if you don't know who this guy is...but he is fast becoming a force in the wine world and the internet.

So, I started doing an audio show that "Recaps" his video show in 3-5 minutes...and he gave me a mention and a link on his show yesterday (show 241) the mention is at the end of the show and the link is at the bottom of the page. Needless to say I am getting a big surge in traffic!!

I was happy to get the exposure and the recognition for the work put in. You can hear my work at www.wltvuncorked.wordpress.com and it is also available in I-Tunes as well.

Just tooting my horn!
HELLO AND WELCOME TO WINE LIBRARY TV, I'M YOUR HOST GARY VAY-NER-CHUCK
WOW ANOTHER VAYNIAC!!! Welcome to the club brother I've been watchin that for a year but didn't want to say anything for fear people on here would think I play on the other team.
We're changin the wine world, aren't we?
SteerCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:55 AM   #6

Way to go greg...
john pen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:08 PM   #7
Web Celeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteerCrazy
Quote:

Just tooting my horn!
WOW ANOTHER VAYNIAC!!! Welcome to the club brother I've been watchin that for a year but didn't want to say anything for fear people on here would think I play on the other team.
He can be a little over the top but I appreciate his honesty and he is funny as hell!!...what did you think of the Recap Shows??
Old 05-24-2007, 12:22 PM   #8
Pope O'Que

[quote=Greg Rempe]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteerCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Rempe":ccfy7x4v]Aside from BBQ I am a big wine guy. Seems when I turned 32 last year my pallet changed and wine was finally agreeable to me!

So, I started doing an audio show that "Recaps" his video show in 3-5 minutes...and he gave me a mention and a link on his show yesterday (show 241) the mention is at the end of the show and the link is at the bottom of the page. Needless to say I am getting a big surge in traffic!! :cool:

I was happy to get the exposure and the recognition for the work put in. You can hear my work at [url="http://www.wltvuncorked.wordpress.com
www.wltvuncorked.wordpress.com[/url] and it is also available in I-Tunes as well.

Just tooting my horn!
He can be a little over the top but I appreciate his honesty and he is funny as hell!!...what did you think of the Recap Shows??[/quote:ccfy7x4v]

You should watch show #1 compared to the current show. And yes, honest and funny but he has helped me a lot regarding tastings. Haven't listened to the Recap but you got some nice plugs for BBQ Central I see

I'm under WinoDan on that forum but I don't post much....too much goin on over there. I left a shameless plug over there
Old 05-24-2007, 12:31 PM   #9
Pope O'Que

great job on the recaps! looks like you got an 'in' over there. I love that Nora , picked up a 1/2 case from them when he tasted it about 6 months or so ago.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:48 PM   #10
Pope O'Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy's KungfuBBQ
What wines are you drinking? Doing any collecting? I have been collecting Barolos for several years now (mostly 97 - our anniversary). I also have a couple of 96s from the same producer - but different fields. I cannot believe the difference in taste - especially and the land is all within about a sq mile! The Italian Wine Merchants in NYC are excellent and the prices are reasonable. They don't display the bulk of their wines so when you buy you know that you aren't getting a wine that cooked in some display window.
I'm not collecting. I do have some nice bottles set aside for later consumption. In the red's I prefer the zins, chianti's, not a pinot noir fan (had a corked bottle and it was nasty) cabs. Picked up some nice chilean red blends. Whites I'm diggin the NZ Sauv Blancs, got some '05 riesling that is supposed to be the best since '91 or '92 I believe, expensive though. You can get some great NZ sauv blancs for a good price.
I've got a Philip Togni for consumption in about 5 years and a couple bottles of Phelps Insignia for that special meal (maybe a smoked prime rib). Been enjoying the albarino's as of late too.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:43 PM   #11
Graduate of BBQ Central

well i love Richards Wild Irish Rose. :scratch 1993 is a good year .
knine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:57 PM   #12

:cheers [smilie=yawn1.gif] [smilie=yawn1.gif] [smilie=yawn1.gif] [smilie=yawn1.gif] [smilie=yawn1.gif]
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:09 PM   #13
Web Celeb

I like the Spanish Reds...mostly great on the price point and drink very well too! I have a case of the 2001 Marques De Riscal Rioja...its great!! and I found a online merchant that has it for $9 a bottle vs the $16 a bottle at the wine stores in Cleveland!!
Old 05-24-2007, 02:11 PM   #14

This thread bores me. Let's talk about me instead.

I rock.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan

I rock.
Didn't you invent wine?
Rubbed, Smoked, and Sauced Competition BBQ Team-
22 1/2" WSM, 2 18 1/2" WSM's, 22 1/2" Weber Kettle
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:44 PM   #16

This wine guy would make a good bbq sauce judge.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #17
BBQ Central College

Greg,

Why don't you add a wine Thread?

I have a good friend, that is the wine writer for the Sun newspaper chain
in Canada, man do we get to taste a lot of wine. He has case's sent to him every week to try!

Wine and BBQ a real good mix!
Cheers
Old 05-24-2007, 04:00 PM   #18

I’m having a hard time believing that a man that cooks with mesiqute :P could have a discerning palate…….Nice to see you getting some props…

I get more sauced then my Ribs

My Bark is as good as my Bite!

Swine so fine it's Criminal

Never trust a skinny cook!!!!!!!!
wittdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:03 PM   #19
Pope O'Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy's KungfuBBQ
When it comes to whites my favorite is a Washington Gewurtztraminer. They are unbelievable. Something from Hogue or Chateau Ste. Michele.

My favorite reds have been CalItals from Viansa winery in California. I can honestly say that I have never had a bottle that I don't like.
Not a Gewurtztraminer fan but I've heard the Chateau St Michele is great!

Quote:
I like the Spanish Reds...mostly great on the price point and drink very well too! I have a case of the 2001 Marques De Riscal Rioja...its great!! and I found a online merchant that has it for $9 a bottle vs the $16 a bottle at the wine stores in Cleveland!!
I've picked up a few Rioja's as well. I do enjoy them very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan

I rock.

For you wine guys you need to check out on the FINE LIVING CHANNEL a show called Simply Wines with Andrea Immer. She also does a show about food pairings and wine. Check the Fine Living website to get more info.

Texas gal living in Napa. She recently 'smoked' a brisket in her oven Other than that, it's a great show, good info!
Old 05-24-2007, 07:18 PM   #20
Saint O'Que

Greg...

work on pairing wine with BBQ... reds should pair better with the Q than whites..

At the AB comp in Danville I served a Chardonnay with the Lime pepper grilled salmon we did and it was a BIG hit.. just ask Bill.. one of the judges wrote down the wine we served em...

Pair it up right and it can compliment well.. if you don't .. you have ruined the taste of your food.

your tastes will progress from sweet whites, to dry whites, to light reds to heavy reds...

I love wine and experimenting with pairing wine with food... Beer is great and I wouldnt give up my beer for anything.. but wine is for the sophisticated palate...

Barbeque. Sit back, relax, and let the smoke work it's magic!

You can't drink all day, unless you start in the morning.

Lang 84 Deluxe
Primo Oval XL
Weber Smokey Mountain
Weber 22" One Touch Gold
Brinkman Smoke - n - pit Pro
Cheap Table Top Grill
Weber Silver Gasser - she left me on 9/11/10
Gary in VA is offline   Reply With Quote