Hush Puppy Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
Captain Morgan said:
well to be honest, I don't perfer any bread...give me the platter with slaw
and whatever, and hushpuppies. As far as a sammich, I'll take a roll.
but bread is just a filler to me. I know, you can count hushpuppies as bread, but I'll eat them like crazy.
I love hush puppies :!:
I tried making them with a mix I bought at the store, they came out dry as hell, like eating chalk. Cap you got any recipes?

Hush Puppies
vegetable oil for deep-frying
2 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
3 tablespoons self-rising flour
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
1 cup milk
4 tb sugar
1 egg, beaten
In a deep fryer or heavy, deep skillet, heat 2 to 3 inches of oil over medium heat to 375°. In a mixing bowl, combine cornmeal mix, flour, and onion. Add milk and egg; mix well. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drop batter by tablespoons into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, turning several times. Drain on paper towels. Makes about 15 hush puppies.

Puff said:
cleglue said:
BBQ sandwich are always on a bun in Alabama and North Carolina. At Dreamland in Alabama you get white bread to dip in the sauce with your ribs. Dreamland used to only sell ribs. Since the original owner passed away they have since branched out with chicken and sides. Traditionally BBQ plates are served with hushpuppies. I personally like white bread or hushpuppies.

What sells in your area? If you change what people are used to getting they may not like it.

I n Detroit if you go to a BBQ joint(I'm talkin' on the street in the middle of nowhere!) you always get white bread to soak up the sauce :!:
But some of the best BBQ i've had was downtown Detroit :!:
I meant down on the streets of Detroit!

Lafayette's Downtown, Geneva's over on Harper?

I've never seen a Q joint in Detroit.

Hamtramick for all of your sausage needs.

Good Stuff

Jack

Captain Morgan said:
yep, let me find it...I'm in the midst of a fight on another board. :D

Cappy that wasn't a fight! You merely showed the world the gentleman you are and offered to buy that bastard a nice cold drink. I don't see a problem with that!

Jack W. said:
Puff said:
cleglue said:
BBQ sandwich are always on a bun in Alabama and North Carolina. At Dreamland in Alabama you get white bread to dip in the sauce with your ribs. Dreamland used to only sell ribs. Since the original owner passed away they have since branched out with chicken and sides. Traditionally BBQ plates are served with hushpuppies. I personally like white bread or hushpuppies.

What sells in your area? If you change what people are used to getting they may not like it.

I n Detroit if you go to a BBQ joint(I'm talkin' on the street in the middle of nowhere!) you always get white bread to soak up the sauce :!:
But some of the best BBQ i've had was downtown Detroit :!:
I meant down on the streets of Detroit!

Lafayette's Downtown, Geneva's over on Harper?

I've never seen a Q joint in Detroit.

Hamtramick for all of your sausage needs.

Good Stuff

Jack
Hamtramack for sure :!:
Actually, you just find people, church groups etc., on street corners, vacant lots. They set up shop in the summer. Good stuff :!:

Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:
Hey how did I get here? :eek: :eek: :eek:

A LOT OF PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW TOO! 8-[

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

3.gif

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3jo40jwe]
Puff said:
Hey how did I get here? :eek: :eek: :eek:

A LOT OF PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW TOO! 8-[

One drunk night on the computer :eek:
Cappy started a thread about a question I asked him earlier #-o

Why is the sky Blue? :)

There have been many of them! How did we get stuck with you? LOL

5.gif
[/quote:3jo40jwe]

Some people just have all the luck :!:
Boy do I feel the love :) :ghug:

OK guys, 6 posts that haven't even come close to mentioning Hush Puppy's or BBQ in General. That's enough, back on topic PLEASE. :rules: :eek:fftop:

Back
Top Bottom