Humphrey's Lump hits the North East.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ROB O

Senior Cook
For those of you who may be interested:

Just picked up a 20# bag of Humphrey's lump for $11.99 in Long Island. This is the first time I've seen anything other than Royal Oak Lump ($9.99 for 10#) around here.

Nice big chunks but not too big. Very little dust in the bag. No scrap wood. No uncharred wood. Lit easily. Burning nicely. good smell.

HTH

If all my cooks went like this one it's all I'd ever use too.

Startup (used a modified minion) the temp climbed slowly and stopped right at 225. Never budged until I went to baste then it climbed but settled right down again.

Could be a lot of reasons but when I've used Royal oak the temps have been a little "spikier".

2 8lb back cuts went on at 7. Both the top and bottom briskets are now at 158.

We're guruing away and lovin' life.

Having no trouble at all with burn time. Still chuggin away at 225 and haven't reloaded yet. Forget how long ago I started this cook. Something like 14 hours ago? Don't know if it's luck or the lump but there's sure nothing wrong with it that I can tell.

Last brisket should be coming off in about 20 minutes.

I'm gonna go grab a couple more bags tomorrw.

It's not unusual for me to get a little over 18-20 hours with 20 pounds of the Humphrey. I was lazy a few weeks ago and bought some Royal Oak. I had to use more of that to get the same cook time, About 10 more pounds or so. Ever notice the RO bags are bigger than the Humphrey bags for the same weight? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom