How to eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swampsauce

Sous Chef
Ok here is the deal. I am now 40 and always been fat :oops: . I have decided to start eating right. Not diet, just healthier. I am fat not from laziness, but not eating right,not eating all day and eating late at night, wrong things, etc. I need a good place to read what, when, and how much regular folks eat. I know I am probably gonna regret asking yall, :LOL: , but i know there are alot of "foodies" here who might tell me some places to go read and get ideas. I have gotten several ideas already from John A. Thanks for any help and all the smarta$$ comments :roll: .

If you like to Q then the South beach is about as balanced as they come.

Well I can also recommend the vodka tonic and meat diet. Somehow I lost 6 lbs last week on that one.

still a mystery to me but I am not complaining....

Diva Q said:
If you like to Q then the South beach is about as balanced as they come.

Well I can also recommend the vodka tonic and meat diet. Somehow I lost 6 lbs last week on that one.

still a mystery to me but I am not complaining....

EXPLAIN !!!!! That sounds like it has my name written all over it !

Atkins or Protien Diet. All the meat and green veggies you can eat. No potato, no pasta... sound great... IT IS!..... until you get to the No BEER part... that part sucks! If you can keep your carb count down to less than 15 or 20 grams a day you put your body into ketosis and it starts burning fat because it ain't burning carbs you intake. Drink lots of water with it too.

I used to do this and save all my carbs til I got home and drink low carb miller lite beer... only like 4 grams of carbs.

I don't know how healthy it is, but if you stick with it.. it works.

Timmy,

Everyone has given you bad information...Diets don't work in the long run. So, let me give you a solid plan for success!

Over the next two weeks, keep track of EVERY calorie you put in your body. Then tally up what your daily total average is. After you determine that number, set up some kind of DAILY exercise routine for you to do. Then...big shocker...EAT LESS CALORIES EVERY DAY!! Taking in less than you usually do and picking up your metabolism with exercise will burn you down to a lean mean sauce making machine!! Your weight loss WILL NOT be huge all the way through...you might lose more up front but most of that will be water. After the first week or two, you want to shoot for a pound or a pound and a half a week loss. Sometimes you will plateau but that is normal.

Remember this most of all Tim...if you are not willing to commit to a change in lifestyle to get these results then don't bother doing anything! You will just end up disappointing yourself in the end...and you will become fatter as you try to eat your shame away with chicken drenched in Swamp Sauce! :D

http://www.alpha-fibefbcx.com/

Might want to give this product a look. My company sells this product and they gave us samples and I've been on it for 2 weeks and have lost 8 lbs doing nothing but taking the pills and eliminating soda from my diet. If I'd get my fat ass to exercise the results would be better I'm sure.

It works much like Alli but doesn't give you the chits like Alli will. It absords 9x it's molecular weight in fat consumed in your diet. Two with each normal meal is all I am doing. Over do it and you will get some gas. It's pricey but does work. I'm not one for fad crap like this but this stuff does work.

No side effects for me at all.

Seefood diet

see food eat it! Look at me an this fine specimen of a svelt body I got!
I am what I am, big feller, ifin I weighed what the doc wanted I'd be did an just bones!

Lets do this one step at a time. For breakfast in the AM eat some fresh fruit all you want and any kind. Do that for a week an repoat back for step 2. Buy Certified Organic if you can find some. Save one day a week as your pig out day..and have some bacon and eggs on that day. Might as well go ahead and pick out the day you want. Weekend days seem to be favorite..speaking in the singular here of course.

bigwheel

swampsauce said:
Ok here is the deal. I am now 40 and always been fat :oops: . I have decided to start eating right. Not diet, just healthier. I am fat not from laziness, but not eating right,not eating all day and eating late at night, wrong things, etc. I need a good place to read what, when, and how much regular folks eat. I know I am probably gonna regret asking yall, :LOL: , but i know there are alot of "foodies" here who might tell me some places to go read and get ideas. I have gotten several ideas already from John A. Thanks for any help and all the smarta$$ comments :roll: .

Greg, that is what i am trying to do. But I dont know all i need to do. I know I am supposed to eat breakfast, but what what do I eat, bran flakes, scrambled eggs? My wife tells me I should eat 3 meals and 3 snacks, but damn I only only eat once or twice now, I would be huge. I heard along time ago something like: eat breakdast like a king, lunch like a prince, and supper like pauper or something like that. I switched to dt. mt. dew several years ago, aint gave up the sweet tea yet........but only when I eat out. I just want to start eating healthier. There is so much crap out there you cant sort it out. Keep offering advice I am listening..........

Any time you can increase your fibre intake ts good for a variety of reason.

Your blood sugar levels need to be kept at level for the entire day.
King, Prine Pauper works for some. 3 smart meals and 2 healthy snacks is a smart safe way to eat for life not diet.

I'm a good chunk of the way to where I want to end up, in my attempt to look more brisket like, and less like a pork butt :LOL:

I figured that since my Dad is already in the ground due mainly to effects of cigarette smoking, and spending a good part of his adult life overweight due to poor eating practices - and my Mom is well on her way to 'eternal peace' mostly from partaking of the same things as ultimately killed my Dad - that for the sake of some preservation of self, I should practice some self control, and chose a different route, through not smoking, and changing my diet.

I'd be happy to share my methods with you, if you'd like. Just send me a PM and I'll send you one back! :D

Adrienne said:
I'm a good chunk of the way to where I want to end up, in my attempt to look more brisket like, and less like a pork butt :LOL:

I figured that since my Dad is already in the ground due mainly to effects of cigarette smoking, and spending a good part of his adult life overweight due to poor eating practices - and my Mom is well on her way to 'eternal peace' mostly from partaking of the same things as ultimately killed my Dad - that for the sake of some preservation of self, I should practice some self control, and chose a different route, through not smoking, and changing my diet.

I'd be happy to share my methods with you, if you'd like. Just send me a PM and I'll send you one back! :D

Let me guess...Quervo?? ;) :LOL:

The world is coming to an end anyways soon...and if you are one of the few to survive...you'll need your stored fat :shock: :LOL: .....Just kidding...kind of.... :LOL:

Ok now I know I have some to lose. Working on getting down another 40 - But in the scope of keeping healthy the last thing I say before i die is not going to be I should have had that salad.

I never eat alot, but I eat all day. I try to stay moving "most of the time" and I'm a lean, fat, glad I'm married so I dont have to go find a date tonight 6' 2" and 225lb. machine.

:shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :shock:

Back
Top Bottom