How much are you willing to pay for a host??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Moving to a private host will cost $15/mo minimum...I also believe the swearing ban is taken off too. Checking in to tech support. If the forum were to go down I have no idear how to fix it! :D

Finney said:
Rempe, I voted for $0 because I can't see going to a pay service changing anything.
But, as I have told you before... I'll help out how ever you want or need me to.

ditto

I don't see the need to change hosts. Is there some feature/service people want that they don't get now? I'm perfectly happy with the status quo. (There, I've used my 50-cent word for the week. I can relax until next week.)

I don't think there is anything wrong with the way things are now but if circumstances changed and we would have to pay, I would be willing to pay a reasonable monthly fee. As far as post's are concerned, I've been posting more than usual, wether you like 'em or not. :LOL:

I'm with Finney on this one. I cant see what change it would bring. But if it needs it I am in.

What Finney said. Maybe I don't understand what would change on a pay board. Further, I have some concern that a pay board would eliminate some members and make for a smaller forum. I'm not sure that's where I want to go. Having said that $2-4/month is one beer, a small price to pay.

Griff

Im happy here... (voted zero), but am always willing to contribute financially to help shoulder the burdan of our lovely cyber community...

Well first we need to know why we should make a move...

Is the only reason to get rid of the ads?

This board moves pretty quick and has never broken
down or gone slow...I don't like fixing something that
ain't broken.

I would be will to spend 5-10 year if needed. But this board works great. It is one of my favorite set ups of all the boards I am a member. The adds dont bug me. Personaly if this way keeps working good I dont see a need to switch. Also I think if people had to pay to be members some would not and we would loose their vauable insite. But if it comes to us needing to pay I would.

Chris

Just for clarification, there was no mention in my conversation with "said member" that the ads were an issue. The only thing mentioned was that, since the move to the new host, "a lot" of members had lost a desire to post here. :D

The only reson I didn't post right away after the last move was the fact I did not know the server changed. I had the old addy saved in favorites so I kept getting the "out of service" message and just kept waiting...and waiting for the old one to come back up. I am affraid if yall move again you will lose more people in the move.
Now that I am back I feel like I am around friends. So if I have to pay, then do what ya have to do to keep it going.

Back
Top Bottom